Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ooh,La,La- Pork Loin Chops

Options
AnE
AnE Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks once again for all your fabulous coaching...it's a know fact that a coach makes a player better than he can be on his own!!! I took a pork loin- froze half and cut the other half into 2 inch chops...brined them like SpiceCooks recommends in the recipe section, then mixed up a batch of JJ's rub-- only we ran out of paprika and could only use 1 Tablespoon, not 4...took them outta the brine after 2 hours, rub them lightly with plain ol' mustard and put the modified JJ's rub on em- and grilled them by his instructions- 2min each side at 600*,then let 'em sit for 6- but as the grill had decreased to 500* byt the time Alan flipped them, we kept them on for 11 minutes...HELLO HEAVEN!!! After we sliced some up for the kids, we sat down and added a little Miz Grazi's spicy sauce on the side (down here in Memphis and surrounding areas, we have an excellent fast food chain called "Backyard Burgers"- they make a Miz Grazi's Spicy Burger with this sauce...sort of a Tomato-based BBQ sauce meets Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce...and I found a bottle in the grocery store today- they finally listened to us all down here and started bottling it for retail...I'm gonna call the company to find out about a case shipment!!)But I digress...WOW!! The best chops I've ever had...Alan wants to try some porkchops like this ,but with the bone in- he thinks they have more flavor...but I am one happy camper..this, with leftovers for tomorrow, and a salmon brining for Wednesday, and steaks for my daughter's birthday on Thursday (her request!!)--We're happy in the Home of the Blues!!! Cheers! Elizabeth

Comments

• Teslamania
    Options
    Glad to see that you are having such a good time with the EGG. Cooks Illustrated has a recent article about cooking pork chops, and they say that with the bone there is more flavor. What are you going to cook next?

• AnE
    AnE Posts: 26
    Options
    Teslamania,the brining salmon--do you think 2 days is too long to brine it?? Then I want to smoke it real slow-trying for that Northwest Indian style-smoked salmon that flakes...
    Cheers! Elizabeth

• AnE, Happy Day's..Looks like the Egg was made for your house! You have bonded!! I agree with "Tes" bone in if possible for most cuts.
    C~W

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    AnE, Use some alderwood chips for smoking..Check with MaryB on a excellent technique. I forgot, you do have the plank, and all the more reason to review MaryB's earlier post.
    Good Luck..C~W[p]

• Teslamania
    Options
    Can't help you with the brine, sorry. I cook my salmon after putting it in a marinade of equal parts soy sauce, lemon juice and olive oil. Sprinkle a little dill on it and marinade for minimum of 20 minutes but up to four hours max. Throw it on the Egg and cook it like a steak.