Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Experiment 2.0

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
precooking the Chorizo

Chorizoforpizza2.jpg

Chorizoforpizza3.jpg

Chorizoforpizza4.jpg

Chorizoforpizza5.jpg

assembled

Chorizoforpizza6.jpg

almost finished

Chorizoforpizza7.jpg

finished

Chorizoforpizza8.jpg

sideview

Chorizoforpizza9.jpg

Definately very good flavor with the WFM Chorizo Sausage and fresh mozarella!
Nice to be able to find some good Chorizo!
Next attempt will WFM Hot Italian Sausage.
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I was wondering what your thoughts were going to be on the WFM sausage. I've not heard good.. or over the top comments on them. Glad you liked!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Looks MITEE TASTEE! B)
  • loco_engr
    Options
    I only cooked 1/2 of the Chorizo links I have and will be looking forward to the next time!

Of course maybe it's the I can't get this (sausage links) here and this is far better than the mush I can get locally.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Thanks Hossman!

I almost impressed myself this time! :lol::lol::whistle: :ermm:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Looking good! I guess that was one spicy pizza! When my Aunt from Calfornia moved back home to Wisconsin and I was visiting her she would cook that in eggs for breakfast. It was good and spicy. Tim
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    I love a good Chorizo,I use them in Quesadillas quite often.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE

009-3.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Could be. There is the mush brand here also. I really like Old Timer's and, now, Paladori's.
    Think I'll make my own.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :woohoo: You gonna cook that at any Eggfest in the Spring?? B)
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    That REALLY looks good! Mmmmmm! :laugh: :)
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Maybe :whistle:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Killer. :woohoo:
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    Looks great Dan.
    I like WFM 's meats...no antibiotics, hormones.Etc.
  • mijoey
    mijoey Posts: 58
    Options
    Looks great. Restaurant Depot has excellent chorizo in 5 lb. blocks. It has very little fat in it.
    Mike
    Melbourne Fl.
  • RonW.
    RonW. Posts: 22
    Options
    Sorry, but who is WFM???

UnYawn....
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Whole Foods Market
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: