Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I LOVE MY CERAMIC KNIFES

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About a week or so ago, I bought these knifes on Amazon.com

!BTYJeIw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLl)2U9BKIGbZbzjQ~~_12.JPG

They came the other day, but today was the first time I used one of them ... WOW :woohoo: .

I think this is the BEST knife I have ever used ... the large one (and I own a very nice set of knives.

If you need a knife, #0 is hard to match!

Comments

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Amazon I go.
    Thanks for the positive feed-back.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Stay away from bones, etc... They are very good but chip easy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    I got my wife a nice 6" "chef" ceramic knife when they first came out --- pricey! :blink:

She loved it. :laugh:

My son came to visit... and when no one was looking, set the cutting board up on end, and from about 5' away, tossed the knife [expert he thought himself to be...]

Bad day for the ceramic knife pieces...

:ohmy:

~ Broc
  • Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    Smokey...it appears in the photo that the chefs knife will not flat on a cutting board. Meaning the handle will touch the cutting board before the heal of the blade when cutting. Is this just an illusion? Sorry just curious to know.

Thanks,

Wayne
  • DrugCoder
    Options
    My ceramics are some of the sharpest knives I have and are easy to use. They are easily chipped and the chance of breaking them is what is keeping me from using them more. Enjoy them!
  • SuperDave
    Options
    The ceramic knives are wonderful, no metallic taste in foods, don't turn acidic foods colors, always sharp.. but be careful, they will break if dropped and are so easy to chip the cutting edge.

They'll cut you in a heartbeat too, so use care!
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I wouldn't call that a chef's knife to begin with. The blade has almost no curve along the sharp edge. I would think that it would be awkward to use as a chef's knife.
    The Naked Whiz
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I have tried ceramic and they are ok. I will stick with cold hard steel...

I am saving to get a couple of these.

http://cutbrooklyn.com/splash.html
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!