Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest!!!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all.
The fest, as you have heard, was a great success. Was a bit busy cooking, but not overly busy. The day did go a little too quickly, and I didn't have a huge appetite for some reason, but everything I sampled was incredible. As far as the food went, there was an amazing assortment of dishes offered, most of which were gobbled up as they were being carved. I won't go into too much detail on the food, except to say we were among many great cooks.[p]The higlight for me was getting to meet some super people, and spend lots of time getting to know them. I can honestly say the people were friendlier and warmer than I could ever imagine. Truly great folks...all of them, and really felt like close friends. [p]Steve's band One Thin Dime, was a class act, and played great sounding blues music with their own unique style. Unfortunately, with all of the goings ons, it was tough to give them the applause they seserved. Gretl and her family played some great foot tapping celtic influenced music, along with some good pop, and it really brightened the atmosphere. It is obvious they practice a lot together.[p]Everyone from BGE, and Seasonal, were extremely accomodating, and their hard work showed.[p]Thanks everyone for a great time, and it is nice to have gotten a bit closer to those that I have been throwing keyboard strokes at.[p]Nature Boy

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I have added some pictures at the link below. There is a link on my webpage and on the Eggfest2000 home page.[p]I have atleast 2 more pages to add tomorrow.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Eggfest2000 pictures - Tim M[/ul]
  • Tim M,
    What a GREAT E'Fest. My sidekick **** and I just got home. 8 1/2 hours down and the same back and two of the happiest boys you ever met. **** and I learned a ton of stuff and met some of the neatest people!
    Thanks to Dale and his crew for everything! Cat, Mr. Toad, NAture Boy, Spin and Ms. Spin, Jewel, Jim, Monica, Christina and others who were fantastic.
    I'll be looking to see the other photos tomorrow.
    THANKS AGAIN!

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]WOW, are you right! It was a fantastic day, the people, the weather and oohhhhhh, the food! NB, you out did anything I ever expected! The Egg you cooked on is almost cool enough for its new owner to take it home by now![p]I Must also give a warm thank you to everyone who attended, planned and supported yet another wonderful Egg event. Everything was GREAT and I can only start dreaming about things to come (including off of my own Egg)![p]Smokey

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Sue and I agree. It was a true Eggfest. A family reunion with no politics. A day of great food, fun, music, sharing, learning, seeing old friends, and meeting new friends. It was a priviledge and a joy to attend.[p]My hat is off to everyone involved in organizing this event. You done yourself proud. Thank you.[p]Spin
  • The Colonel
    Options
    Great getting back into the swing of things with such a great group of cooks, music makers, beer makers and drinkers,--Thanks to all who made this truely wonderful day a success--hats off to all. Dee and I had a Eggtastic day.
    yours in the egg--The Colonel -- Mike and Dee Colbert

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    xxfest017.jpg
    <p />The Colonel,[p]It was a pleasure meeting you - It was nice to talk to you last October from the motel room at Eggtoberfest but it was much better meeting you and Dee. Great chops too!!![p]I am chilling down that Chimay for tomorrow. Yeee-hawwww[p][p]The Colonel (wish I had gotten Dee in the picture)
    Tim