Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super food

Shelby
Shelby Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw something in the newspaper and again on tv today about how much will be spent on certain items for Super Bowl parties and such.
It listed things such as carbonated drinks, beer, frozen pizza, salty snacks, cheese, crackers, chocolate, coffee. [p]Then I noticed...it didn't include Boston butts, baby backs, brisket ABT's, etc. and I got to thinking what poor, deprived people there are to be eating frozen pizza as their food for the Super Bowl. [p]Guess we're lucky! So, who's cooking what?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Shelby, my contribution will be baby backs, hot wings, and iffin I can find decent jalapenos ABTs.[p]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Shelby,
    With a few friends coming over, I'm making Smoked Pork Chili, ABTs, and Wings. Others are bringing slaw, salads, fruit. No pizza for us ...
    Doc

• Shelby,
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out. Was planning on BB ribs, but the forcast here is for another ice storm. Yippee![p]Was checking out the supermarket cart of the couple in front of me yesterday afternoon. 4 frozen pizzas, 3 gallons of milk, 5 litres of diet coke and 60 (Yes I counted them) cans of misc. diet soft drinks. Not a beer, ale or other adult beverage in sight... Glad I'm not going to their "party"![p]Kelly

• Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    Shelby,
    I'll be cooking up an 8lb hunk of dead pig flesh slowly over some nice hickory chunks. Starting the fire in just a few minutes. Unfortunately, this morning is the coldes morning of the year, it's 10 degrees outside. Yee haw![p]BTW...I work for Domino's and SB is one of our biggest days. There is definitely alot of pizza ordered that day!

• RRP,
    I've got a 5lb Brisket going on tonight, then wings and ABT's. Also a case of adult soda. GO PANTHERS!!!!!

• Kelly Keefe, My egg works during ice storms. Check your settings! ;)[p](Easy to say down here on the gulf coast)

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Shelby,[p]I thawed out two Boston cut pork butts - going to "Polynesian" one of them with injection and rub the 2nd ("my butt smells good" - a cilantro rub).[p]Slow cook for about 20 hr w/ hickory to start. I use Wicked Good Charcoal exclusively for these low-n-slows. Man that stuff is rock solid for low temp cooks, and I don't even have a BBQ Guru.[p]If the pork comes off in time then on with some wings - probably that vinegary marinade I can't remember the name of right now - then accented with Frank's hot sauce.[p]Sometime before kickoff I'll prepare a batch (24) of ABTs and put them on after everything's over (either game in hand or game over) I like plenty of ABTs left over Sunday night so I've got them for lunches all next week.[p]Enjoy your Super Egg weekend![p]Chuck
  • Shelby,
    Spares and ABTs![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • docrjh
    docrjh Posts: 21
    Shelby,
    I'll be doing a honkin' brisket, ABT's , and wings. I wouldn't do the wings,as so many others bring them, but I don't think I could take the abuse if I didn't![p]Randy