Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Frozen Fest

Ripnem
Ripnem Posts: 5,511
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Well I finally found a nice place up north to host the 1st annual "Mini Frozen Fest"
It is in the Brainerd area on a 14 lake chain called The Whitefish Chain. Rush lake is the actual lake that the resort is on. It is called "Boyds Lodge" and has availabilty in mid February for the gathering. The resort has some nice groomed trails for cross country skiing if anyone enjoys that or would like to give it a go. It's pretty easy :) They also have a plowed and flooded skating rink that is also lit at night for a little evening skate. The obvious ice fishing can be done with a day house rental or some good friends of mine that have a lake home across the lake may set up a spear house and a nice shack for a handful of people. Snowmobiles can also be rented by the day and if you haven't ever done that before, it is a great time.

Still a few details to be ironed out, but here are a few of the cost issue items.
-Lodging is $25 max per night per peep
-fishing license (non-resident) is 8.50 for 24hrs or 24 bucks for 3 days
-Snowmobile rental is 250 bucks a day (maybe a couple to use for free)
-ice house rentals are 150 a day (maybe nothin for a few)
-cross country ski equipment available and cheap too
-Egg till you can't move won't cost much (hit Cosco on the way)
-Leg full of beer is usually about 20 bucks (Little Steven)

I already have 10-12 locked. The date isn't set, but looking at the 2nd or 3rd weekend of February. If your interested and have a preference...speak-up

So let me know who has interest, questions or just want's to LOCK-IN.
www.boydlodge.com

Comments

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    That sounds like it would be a blast!!,My whole family sans me grew up in Wis,I made it to Ca,to hatch.My dad has multiple stories about ice fishing and hunting Honkers in the Ice..I am currently eggin in shorts and sandels so the cold sound scary.I will talk to the bettewr half(Colo) girl and let you know.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm in.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    For those that make it and need warm weather clothing and gear, we (the locals) will be able to supply the right stuff. That also holds true of car rentals. This will be a budget minded Rip'en good time. On 3 feet of ice :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    Woohoo!! Looking forward to this!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • The Brainerd Lakes area is only about 90 miles S.S.W. of me and really is a pretty nice location!
    Adam, you may count me in too, providing the fest lands on a weekend that I don’t have to work!!! The Boy’s Swim Season is still "full-tilt" the month of February and I am also an instructor with the MN Youth Ski League, so I can only hope it all falls together
  • cookn biker
    I got my tickets, woohoo!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"