Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your favorite BGE meal?

ToyCollector
ToyCollector Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my BGE for about 3 months. Have done Chicken on a throne, Chicken spatchcocked, Pizza, Ribs, Tri-Tip, Jerky (today's cook), Salmon (pics to follow tomorrow maybe), Beef Rib Roast, Smokin Eddie Wings and Buffalo style (need to work on my recipe/technique a bit more), Pork Butt. Have done some of these more than once.[p]My favorite has been the salt encrusted Rib Roast, Ribs 2nd, Pizza will be 3rd. What is yours?

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    ToyCollector,[p]I honestly like ribs the best. Some big juicy pork spares smoked over hickory are some of my favorite things in the world.[p]I do wings more than anything else, but they're not my favorite since I know I can get good wings at a bunch of places. I'm getting close to thinking my wings are better than those I can buy, but I really love these deep fried wings at this local establishment so much that it's hard for me to say my grilled wings are my favorite. They just have this great, and insanely hot, sauce that I love, and their cheese fries kick arse, too...[p]As for something which stresses the powers of the Egg, I also love super high heat steaks and/or pork chops. I know you can do a steak on any cooker, and I've made some killer ones on 700+ degree weber smokey joes, but my favorites are always the 1000+ ones on an insanely hot Egg.[p]I've tried way fancier meals on the BGE, but I do have to say that ribs are really my favorite. Use a general purpose rub like dizzy pig dizzy dust, ken stone's gilded splinters, or drbbq's bonesmokers and just bbq for about 4-5 hours then serve sauce on the side (my favorite is shake's sauce with a close second ken stone's big chief) and you're in Heaven...[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    ToyCollector,
    I with Cornfed...ribs,ribs,ribs. That's why I bought the BGE.
    BUT!
    ABT's are the next stop on the way to heaven!
    And the BGE will give you the right gear/tackle to do low 'n slow pulled pork or anything else that needs true bbq'ing temps and times. [p]And then I have to add one of my persoanl favorites: Sausages: Brats, Italian, or when I can get them, any local ethinicity depending on what neighborhood I'm visiting in Chicago...The Egg in an indirect setup with lump alone is very good, but if you add grapevine (1 to 2" diameter) to the coals, the results are "to die for."

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    ToyCollector,
    Start out with an English Chuck Roast low and slow until you can pull it. In egg #2 baked potatoes, while in the third egg a Dutch oven full of caramelized onions and mushrooms. All In can say is “it is good".
    Fireball

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    ToyCollector,[p]I'd probably rank my three favorites accordingly:[p]1) Bone-in Prime Rib Roast
    2) NY Strip Steak
    3) Spatchcocked Chicken[p]TRex[p]PS Hope the salmon turned out well!

• ToyCollector,
    ABT's and steak get my vote, followed closely by spatchcocked chicken, brisket and pizza.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Beefb001.jpg
    <p />Beef Ribs!

• WooDoggies
    April001.jpg
    <p />....And spare ribs..... and not necessarily in that order![p]John
  • WooDoggies,
    You really know how to mess up a guys tastebuds at 8:00 in the morning. I was still savoring my eggs and sausage but now I want some steak or ribs or.... [p]Have a great Super Bowl week ahead.[p]Spring Chicken

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    WooDoggies,
    I agree with Leroy to....awful tough to look at when you have morning stomach growls.[p]That is the best picture EVER taken by any egger, or of any egged food.
    Numero Uno.
    Happy shoveling dude! Gotta go get 6 inces off the driveway.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Hey Leroy, good to hear from you.
    Sorry about messin you up.................... well, ok, I'm not sorry. If it's any consolation, they messed me up too, and now I'm mustering up the energy to crank the cooker up in this lovely 15 degree weather. Stay tuned my friend.[p]John

• Dang mang, them some big words..... thanks pal.[p]Until they plow the road, I'm a stuck pig. There's about 6" here with more coming down..... supposed to be followed by freezing rain..... after that they're calling for a plague of locusts or something like that. [p]Sometimes this southern boy is out of his element norte of the mason-dixon. However, there is always one way for me to overcome this sub-freezing string of weeks....... and that is crank up the grill![p]WD~40
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    wingsfordinner.jpg
    <p />ToyCollector,
    My new favorite may be the chili I did in the snow yesterday (for which a web page will be posted soon). As for what I have on hand, wings have to top the bill ...[p]Doc

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    abts.jpg
    <p />FatDog,
    Followed closely by ABTs.[p]Doc

• Mr. Doggies,[p]Those be some mighty fine pics. We get about 10 inches of snow last night and I hadn't planned on firing the egg up this evening but I will now. Thanks for the inspiration.[p]Matt.
  • South O,[p]I guess I shouldn't say it but in Baton Rouge, yesterday it was 71 degrees. Almost too hot to cook. I am still in the trying stage. It's funny but everytime I cook things just get better. I have been cooking on a grill for twenty years.Cooking on the BGE for three months. Cooked crab cakes Sunday and my wife said again, the best she ever "ett."
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    La Redneck,
    71° too hot to cook???????? Hell, I'm turning my heater on when it gets that cold here. LOL (and I'm serious)[p]A great week to ya,
    New Bob

• Thanks everyone. WooDoggie, my stomach is positively growling now (Monday mid-AM). Based on the current feedback, look's like I need to perfect my Wing cooks. Haven't done ABTs, brisket, and some of the other items mentioned yet. Thanks for the feedback and ideas!![p]
  • Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    WooDoggies, That last one on the ribs caused drool onto my keyboard. Any way to limit number of pictures? I'd hate to have to chew on the corner of my screen especially out of warranty.
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Cornfed,
    You gotta try Ken's Happy Pappy. Ooooh.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• WooDoggies
    Charbon,[p]I'm afraid not, Art. It's my sworn duty as an egger to take photos of everything I cook and eventually post them on the forum. Didn't you read the rules?[p]Oh yeah, pocket protectors are also a mandatory accessory for the complete the egg uniform.[p]John

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    ToyCollector,
    The one I just had! But if I had to pick a certain one it would be babyback ribs or bone-in rib roast.[p]CWM

• LinkPhoto?GUID=2f1d5a4b-3774-2c36-333b-175f15a910eb&size=lg
    <p />ToyCollector,
    how about trex'd steaks. ...

• LinkPhoto?GUID=785a5857-5e36-14d5-4764-2df14904445e&size=lg
    <p />i also like herb encrusted prime rib. .
  • WooDoggies,
    this is still, without a doubt, the best bge picture i've ever seen. . .period... . (imho of course). . .

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    La Redneck,
    Don't be ashamed to say it...and don't be ashamed to say that BR houses the national championship trophy either!
    Was 71 here in New Orleans yesterday...sure was nice sitting on the patio, sipping a beer and watching the egg work it's magic!

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    ToyCollector,
    Favorite 3 meals:
    Prime Rib
    Pork tenderloin
    Pizza[p]Unfortunately, I can't afford the prime rib as often as I'd like but the other two...gotta have them often!

• I wanted to post some pics of the salmon from early last week, and my first spatcocked chicken on the BGE.[p]salmon.jpg[p]spatchcocked.jpg