Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just joined the crowd.

Options
Danny
Danny Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought my first BGE (large). Made my own table and cooked for 10 people all in 12 hours. Absolutely unbelievable. The chicken breasts were fantastic and there will probably be 2 more BGE's bought on Monday by my guests.

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Way to go, Danny! Welcome to the club![p]Jim
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    JSlot,[p]Cult. I prefer to think of myself as a member of a Cult. Afterall we do worship some pretty strange things! ;>)
  • The Other Dave
    Options
    There are definitely worse things to be "cultish" about!

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    My wife refers to my forum friend (in an affectionate way of course) as my "cult friends". She's even told people at several parties that her husband belongs to a cult with a rather odd group of people. I wondered why I got some reall odd looks from one guy when we were introduced at a business lunch. Long story but, he laughs now and asks how the cult is doing.
    PS She loves everything I cook on Mr. Egg and so do the kids and grand kids.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    snowegg.jpg
    <p />Danny,[p]Welcome to the club, cult, fraternity, all of the above. You will be VERY happy with your purchase. One warning though, as you can see they become addicting.[p]Chuck

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    WDallCookers.jpg
    <p />Danny,
    Welcome. It only gets better from here.[p]For me it started off much like you describe. A few years later I am doing crazy stuff like changing my career to something BBQ related, and forming a competition team with people I met on the internet. (that is WooDoggies in the picture). Sounds pretty crazy, but it could happen to you. Be careful, my friend.[p]You started looking at the small eggs yet? Makes a great companion.
    Beers to you. What is cooking today?
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Danny,[p]Welcome aboard! You will enjoy your purchase more and more as time goes on. For many of us here, second and third eggs have become part of our collections. Hand around and you hear some great ideas to try![p]Smokey
  • Nature Boy,
    WooDoggies is an imposter inserted in that picture by trick photography...no egger can be that damn skinny...but, just in case he is real...will the real WooDoggies please post his diet secrets.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Chet,
    Hey, LOL
    I have to jump in here, that there WooDoggies is not looking skinny to me. (Sorry John)ÜÜÜ[p]I just got on my scale and a whopping 110# it is & that is coming from a guy with 3 egg's and 1 other ceramic cooker.[p]I only admitted this so that WooDoggies would not have to feel bad. HeeHeeheeeeeeeeeeee[p]Regards,
    New Bob
    Skinny New Bob

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Danny,
    Welcome! And all are right...the food only gets better!
    The small is a great companion!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Danny,
    Welcome,
    Post often and ask any questions you have here. This is the best group of people you can find that are willing and able to help.[p]Just be sure you know about the flashback if cooking at higher temps. Most of us have heavy duty gloves that go almost half way to the elbow.[p]Here is a link to the flashback by our one and only "Naked Whiz" LOL[p]Regards,
    New Bob

[ul][li]Flashback[/ul]
  • ranger ray
    Options
    Danny,
    it's a cult....i'm out in 5 degree weather now getting ready to cook a couple of chickens....you'll never be the same....

• The Other Dave
    Options
    ranger ray,[p]By your description, I would think the more proper term is addiction. Works in my case!
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    woo-and-stump_png.jpg
    <p />Thanks Bordello, for jumping in.... 110#? have you gained some weight?[p]If I'm anything, I'm an egghead simply by the shape of my melon....... and proud member of the BGE Rotundo de Cranium Association. [p]Here is proof as I admire the massivity of the uncontested lifetime president and founder of the BGERCA at a recent meeting...... the often imitated but never duplicated...... Paul, His Blimpiness Extraordinaire, Stumpbaby.[p]John[p][p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Chet,[p]Diet? Meat!...... and plenty of it.[p]

• BunkyRub
    Options
    Danny,
    Welcome to the club! I bought my egg last month and like you I am really enjoying it. This site is a great resource. I would suggest becoming familiar with the sites offered by Nature Boy, The Naked Whiz (Lump Database) and others who offer tips, how to's, etc.