Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lighting the Egg

TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
edited 12:13AM in EggHead Forum
Does anyone use anything other then the cubes to light the Egg?

Comments

• Yes. napkins and a small amt. of oil, MAPP, Weed burner, al-ke-hol, ete. etc. about 7-8 diff. ways w / out using chems. Axe your egg salesperson He/She should know. Smiles to you.
  • maXimmaXim Posts: 468
    I used the cubes that came with my egg. When I ran out, started using the paper towel / oil combo, now I use MAPP :evil:
  • SGT BBQSGT BBQ Posts: 190
    BGE makes an electric starter. You plug it in an place on the coals for about seven minutes. You could buy off brands at most home depot type stores. I've been using mine for about 1.5 years now. Works well--only negative is that you need an electic source nearby.
  • I'm still a cube guy. But looking at MAPP. I hear it works well.
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,015
    I still like the cubes or the generic equivalent available at most grocery and wal-mart stores.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I use propane, almost as fast as MAPP and much cheaper.
  • When I first bought the egg, I used an electric starter. I then bought a weed burner and I have been using it ever since. It is really good in the middle of winter as it can get quite cold here in Ottawa.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • yea,the guy ask a question and you give hime this
  • Right back at ya from an Ole Miss alum in Denver!
  • He got good answers to his question AND was "wearing his 'colors' on his sleeve - note his handle!
  • Great to win. I was working and only saw a few minutes of the game, just before the half - they looked like crap for those few minutes, but hey, must have just been a bad few minutes !

Might make the LSU game if we can scrounge up some tickets.

You guys get snow today like they were predicting?