Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Commercial on American Chopper last night

Options
GaryBushey
GaryBushey Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone happen to notice the commerical for "BBQ Pit Masters" last night. Had 3 Eggs cooking around the woman actually doing the commercial. May be an interesting show. Starts 3 Dec.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I just googled that and this is what I got. Tim

http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/bbq-pitmasters/

Los Angeles, CA - TLC today announced that is has started production on the new docu-series BBQ PITMASTERS (wt), taking viewers into the high-stakes world of competitive barbecue. Following some of the biggest names on the circuit, each episode travels to a different competition and show viewers what it takes to win big in BBQ.

Eight one-hour episodes of BBQ PITMASTERS have been ordered, and is scheduled to premiere December 3 on TLC. The series is produced by Original Media.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hey Gary.
    I went out to cook with one of the teams that show is following. They've been filming for a while now, and from what I have seen it should be a great watch. The producer is a heavy hitter in the TV world, so good chance the show will succeed.

I know most of the teams they are following, and there are some definite characters. It should be not only entertaining, but you're going to see a lot of secrets, and I think it's really going to paint a good realistic picture of the world of professional competition barbecue.

Wow, 3rd of December is right around the corner. I'll be watchin!
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • GaryBushey
    Options
    I definitely will be watching it. Will be interesting to see what grills are used. Thought it was awesome that the Egg was featured so prominately on one of the commercials.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    It is indeed good for the Egg, and they've earned the respect they deserve. The team I cooked with, Wood Chicks, used a few eggs, among other pits. One of the most interesting things about the bbq circuit is seeing all the different pits, from eggs to offsets to pellet cookers to home made rigs to trash cans. I don't see any way this show is not going to be fun to watch!
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Thank you for the link!!
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up!
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Options
    I know that Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q will be featured in epsiodes 2, 4, 5,. I am really excited to see what they show after all the filming that Chris Lilly and I have been in while they filmed us. Hoss