Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Pork Loin Idea

Lee2Lee2 Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoked a whole pork loin and used a small handfull of soaked pecan chips today. I really liked the light smoke flavor the pecan gave the meat. Last night I butterflyed the loin and rubbed it down with cheap yellow mustard and made a rub with kosher salt, light brown sugar, onion powder, dried, minced garlic, lemon pepper and some crushed dried rosemary leaves. I didn't measure, just dumped the seasonings into a bowl and mixed them up, but the end result was definately worth doing again.
·

Comments

• RLARLA Posts: 89
    Lee2,
    How do you butterfly a loin?
    Bob

·
  • Lee2Lee2 Posts: 38
    RLA,
    First of all the loin must be boneless. The way I butterfly one (be it right or wrong) is to slice it almost all the way through lengthwise, open it up and lay it out as flat as is possible.

·