Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tough Cuts

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well we just got our new BGE & grilled some Cod which turned out OK. How does Flank Steak or Roast do in one being that it is so tough? We are thinking of smoking the meat as a Roast instead of cutting it up into Steaks. We have always Crock-Potted Flank & that tenderizes it. Any Suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Never Mind, I just found some ideas on an earlier thread. I suppose most questions have already been covered on this forum. Just need to take the time to search. Thanks
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Shirley, don't worry. Sometimes u're just in too big of a hurry to research. Researched answers are good, but there may be a new twist that has developed since that old post and nobody here minds re-stating ideas. That's the beauty of this forum. Many of us jump in here with a question about a piece of meat or ingredients, even as the coals are heating up. Enjoy and participate.

• Lee2
    Lee2 Posts: 38
    Options
    Shirley,
    I've done rump roasts and eye of round roasts in the Egg. I cook them exactally the same as I would do in the oven, same temp, same amount of time. They seem to come out just fine, except they're better done on the Egg than in the oven.

• Lee2,
    That makes sense. Thanks