Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Completely OT - Brent on the History Channel

AlaskanC
AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you who know & love him (ha ha ha ha), Brent will be on the show MysteryQuest on the History Channel tonight! It is supposed to be on at 10pm eastern (?) but you should double check if you plan on tuning in.

The History Channel flew us over to London to do an episode on Jack the Ripper this summer, and its finally going to be on tv! yay!

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    tell Brent to do more TV, cause we miss you around here......t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I don't suppose he was able to work the BGE into
    script in anyway??? :lol::whistle: :ermm:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Hey Melissa,
    Bill Wise turned us on to this last night via a post. Lookin' forward to it.......
  • I hope you guys get more of those shows

Ross
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    We got the dvr set..look forward to seein it..and hopefully seein the 2 of you again sometime soon...hugs to ya..
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Melissa,
    Nice to see a post from you,hope all is going well. I would love to tune in but I don't have the history chanel. I only use an indoor antenna so am limited. :(

Hope all is good there in the cold country and the bears have not been back robbing food from you. :whistle:

My Best,
    Bordello
  • AlaskanC
    hehe - well I am to blame for not being around more. I've been working on our boat almost every day so there hasn't been much eggin' to talk about.

Brent and our daughter Jamie will be taking of to Australia for four months in January, so you guys will probably get reaaallllly sick of hearing from me :)
  • AlaskanC
    hmm - we didn't think of that! Maybe for the next show!
  • AlaskanC
    it should be good!

hey I have something for you that I got last year & never got around to sending it - am I a loser or what? I'm gonna get it in the mail this week I swear! :)
  • AlaskanC
    me too! it was really cool to watch how they put things togther, and it makes it interesting to watch other shows now and know what was most likely going on behind the scenes.
  • AlaskanC
    Yep Sally said that she's dvr-ing it, so you can watch Brent over & over :laugh:

xoxo
  • AlaskanC
    oooh bummer...no cable? boooo : ;)

I responded (a little late) to your post yesterday. Our town had a massive bear problem this summer, but I was smart & kept my food outta the way so I don't think we had any bears in our yard. Not 100% sure of that though...
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Is this the same show that I saw advertised on Discovery channel today. It's on Sunday night.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I'm watching it now, I'll let you know about Brent's star quality. :laugh:-RP
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    very cool, and good show. Maybe I will pick up Brent's book.
  • By jove, I think he bloody nailed it...

Spring "No Longer A Suspect" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I have to give him a star, he looked great in this program! -RP
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Great show, Congrats to Brent.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Great job Brent! It's a shame they have to fly you to London just so we can see more of you! :laugh: You did a very impressive job!
  • AlaskanC
    Hmm... it might be. I know they are replaying it again, but I thought it was on the History Channel.
  • AlaskanC
    yeah but were you and Kim giggling as much as me?? I don't know why I found it so funny, but I did. :lol:
  • AlaskanC
    I can't tell you what a relief it is to cross you off the list of suspects...hahaha yeah like you could ever be so icky!
  • AlaskanC
    well at least he didn't do anything embarrassing on camera. I was kinda holding my breath waiting for something.... but it was all good.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    That was a great show! I feel like the mystery is finally solved. Too bad they didn't have Brent back then.......but, then we wouldn't have him now!! :laugh: You'll never be a loser in my book, child!! :lol:
  • i bet he was surprised how little of what he said got on camera, or how they had to cut things down.

my bro was in television on the production side for a while, and he and his comrades would spend what seemed like a a week on a ten minute piece.

i was betting a true profiler report wouldn't boil down to five quick points with a sentence each, right?

he came off great. especially for not having any extensive experience in front of the camera (maybe he does, i dunno).

thought he came out great on the other side without falling into the potential trap of these shows where they take things to a hypothetical extreme. i saw where they were going to be doing shows on UFOs and the bermuda triangle. thankfully his topic was something demonstrably REAL. hahaha is he one-and-done? not going to be tracking bigfoot is he?

stike
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    It was pretty neat seeing Brent on that show. I especially liked the way his eyes glazed over when the guy started explaining the graphs on the computer screen when the woman was stangling the dummy. It was like - "don't tell me all that crap, just tell me , could a woman have done it?"
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    I know what you mean, the whole time, I kept expecting him to moon the camera, I'm glad he didn't. :woohoo: Honestly, he did awesome, you should be proud because we are! ;)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Well put stripsteak. Aside from Sports and news, documentiaries are the only shows I watch, and yes "hypothetical extreme" seems to be the norm as of late. Reaching for higher ratings no doubt. Though I still enjoy them, albeit having to remind myself of the stretched opinions. Although I did see something resembling a Chupacabra in the yard the other night.
  • AlaskanC
    stripsteak? Ok, I clearly have been gone too long. At the very least I would have expected you to change your name to Capt. Peppermill :)

Brent has a little experience behind the camera - this is his second documentary type thing. Plus he's on the news a lot but that's different.

It came out ok - I know *exactly* what you mean about taking it too far. One of the producers did an episode for MonsterQuest, and she totally got the difference between fact & sensationalism. The problem is the production company is under contract with the History Channel, who has the ultimate say in the finished product.
    All in all I think he would do it again if asked......we'll see....
  • AlaskanC
    well truth be told, he didn't want to do that whole segment at all. And the funny thing is when they went to that place, they only had an old CRT monitor so the producers gave the guy that flat screen monitor - he was in heaven!
    The girl that was doing the strangling was one of the producers Jess LynDeVer - its true that the camera adds 10 pounds, because even as teeeeny as she looked there, she was even smaller!

Do you know if your mom got to see it?