Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Left Handed Santoku

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 9:00PM in EggHead Forum
Will it's a beauty, this is the left handed Shun Santoku. Being as I'm just home from the pub and Litte Chef instructed me not to use it if indulging in adult beverages. :laugh: (I may never get to use it) :( :whistle: :lol:

It has a great feel in my left hand but till I put it into action won't know for sure.

Cheers,
Bordello

SantokuKnife005.jpg
SantokuKnife007.jpg

SantokuKnife009.jpg
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Very Nice.
    What made you decide on the Santoku over "Chef" ?
    ·
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Very nice. I have an 8 in Shun Chefs knife. I never knew a knife could be so sharp. I keep this one away from the rest of the family, it's that sharp. But it is such a joy to use. Enjoy it.

Keith
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    I have a couple of Forschner boning knives that are pretty old from when I was in the sausage kitchen and they work for most things that this single guy cuts.

I wanted at least one good knife that I had never had so decided to give one of these a try. Am thinking of a Chefs 8 inch.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
    Thanks, can't wait to try it out. I don't have anyone else here so I'm the only one that should worry. :(

Guess that's why Little Chef told me no adult beverage. :unsure:

Nice I've hear so many good things about Shun knives.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • Great looking knife

Ross
    ·
  • I have the same knife but for "righties". We love it and can't wait to add more Shun to our kitchen in the future.
    Great pick-up!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Sweet blade!!!PLEASE be careful! ;)
    ·
    Thanks,
    Hope it doesn't turn red on me. :(

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
    Glad to hear that, I'm sure I'll love it also.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
    Thanks Hoss,
    I'll try. It's back in the box for now. :lol:

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
  • troutmantroutman Posts: 498
    Beautiful knife.

Just don't grab the shiny end with either hand and you'll be fine.
    ·
    Thanks Scott,
    I'll do my best,Hmmmmmmmmmm,now which is the shiny side??? :(

Thanks,
    Bordello
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Since you are imbibing(drinking), you may as well let me come up and get it to test it for you. -RP
    ·
    :laugh:
    Randy you're all heart. If I remember in the morning I will give it much consideration. :whistle: Ya,right. :lol:

Thank for try to help,
    Bordello :laugh:
    ·
  • I talked with the Shun rep. Please note the angle of sharpening is 18 degree's. Different than most of the other high end knives.

The blade is thinner and some over the counter sharpening machines don't hit this angle.
    ·