Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digi Q II--praise and problem

Petunia
Petunia Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We just did our second pork butt last night using the Digi Q II for the first time. Pork butt was the first thing we ever cooked on the egg [yes we dove right in before testing the water :blush: ] and it was a learning experience. :S It was so much easier with the Digi Q. No adjusting everything every hour or two. It was truly a great early Christmas present.
I do have a question for those of you who have also used one. When I removed the fan assembly from the mount, water came out of the mount. :( The temperature all night was probably right around 60 [we live in northern Illinois]. Is there something that keeps this condensation from getting in the fan assembly? The damper was half closed since it was a slow cook. What if the damper were all the way open? I would hate to have water get in there and ruin everything. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments