Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who needs a CI griddle when you have a Platesetter

uglydog
uglydog Posts: 256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My eggsperiments with pancakes were very successful. I brought the platesetter up to temp with the egg, platesetter legs down.Dome was probably 450 °F. Put a dab of margarine on the platesetter, smooshed it around a little, and put some pancake batter on the platesetter. When it seemed the bubbles were right on the pancakes, I flipped them. They cooked for somewhere around 2 minutes per side. As you can see, I like my pancakes thin. They were very tasty, and left very little residue on the platesetter. I tried one batch of pancakes without the margarine, and they had a slightly bitter taste, probably from the residue from my previous cook. I think we'll have pancakes and sausage this weekend.[/img]DSCF2750.jpgDSCF2752.jpgDSCF2753.jpgDSCF2754.jpgDSCF2755.jpgDSCF2757.jpgDSCF2758.jpgDSCF2761.jpgDSCF2763.jpg

Comments