Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chiminea - MSRP?

UKMatt
UKMatt Posts: 113
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,

We bought our Large BGE (+table and accessories) from a local BGE authorized dealer, the closest one at the time.

Since then, our local Ace Hardware has set themselves up as a dealer.

We're now looking to purchase a BGE Chiminea with stand.

We called both places. Ace hardware quoted roughly 350 for the chiminea plus stand with no extra charges.

The other dealer quoted 500 for the chiminea, stand and the cooking grate :blink:! When asked, he said we could knock off 23 dollars if we didn't want the grate. On top, he said he placed an order with BGE this morning and if we wanted a special order it was 75 dollars extra.

Based on the 'special order' fee alone that dealer will get no more business from me.

But... what is the MSRP for the chiminea?

Thanks
UKMatt

Comments

• JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    According to the MSRP list that I picked up at Eggtoberfest 2009,Chiminea-glazed $297.95, Chiminea stand $38.95, thats all that is listed hope this helps.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I can't answer your question, but my Ace just dropped the chiminea price from $325 to $299. I was going to ask if this was a good price. It must be.
    The Ace folks here seem to be on the same page as yours. I'll go up to Denver to Outdoor Kitchens. They will order anything no problem.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • UKMatt
    UKMatt Posts: 113
    Thanks to cookn biker and JCinNV for the input.

I guess we'll go with Ace at ~350 for the chiminea and stand... Can't wait to fire it up now!

UKMatt
  • Looking at our cost, not knowing fgt. cost, with what your getting That is a fair price. Ace is making some profit. If I needed one I would pay that. Stay warm & Smiles to you.