Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Will work for food

Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited 7:55PM in EggHead Forum
Last week my BGE dealer posted on Facebook asking for help replacing the plastic on one of her greenhouses. So I headed over Saturday morning to lend a hand. Not only did she make Jay's sausage/egg roll, she also gave me a few fresh eggs (the chicken kind, not the green variety), courtesy of her hens.

We had company over on Saturday, and burgers were on the menu for lunch. When Nancy gave me the eggs, I had an epiphany: burgers with bacon, a fried egg, and avocado. Mmm, beef fat, chicken fat, pig fat, and a little avocado fat to round it all out. Outstanding!

IMG_3939.jpg

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,133
    Clever construction!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    that looks better than it sounds i may have to try it

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Looks good to me. Real good actually....
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Have not tried the egg on a burger, but with bacon why not. I do see fried eggs on enchiladas in local Mexican Restaurants.
  • DeplesisDeplesis Posts: 215
    Ben,
    What's not to like. Looks great
    Regards,
    RJ
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Yum! FatX4! LOL :woohoo: :laugh:
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    Good looking burger! I love eggs and bacon on burgers--can't say I've ever tried the exact combo you have there with the avocado-- bet it was good though.