Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork - how much?

OttawaEggOttawaEgg Posts: 283
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doing the pulled pork thing next weekend - how much do I need to feed 18-20 people? I'm guessing I get a couple of 8 pounders... is that about right?

Cheers!
·

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    That would give you some leftover and sure shouldn't run out of meat. The sauce also adds some volume. Having a little vac pac package of pulled pork in the freezer is NOT a bad thing ;)
    ·
  • Hi Tim:

Good to see you back on again.

I don't have an answer for you but I remember seeing a post not too long ago
    - maybe friday that had a calculation on it for just that.

I thought it was from carwash Mike with "pp experts" in the title. I did a couple of searches and didn't see it. Maybe you'll have more luck or get an answer from the eggsperts.

Good luck!

Michael
    ·
  • Yeah, I certainly DO want some leftovers!

Thanks!
    ·
  • Tim:

copied from a previous post... I'm sure you can search based on Celtic Wolf to see the details.

"I have yet to experience more then 40% loss. 11 pounds sound right for 20 people."

Michael
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    9 pounds raw will feed 20 people one serving each.
    ·
  • Ok - so I guess I'll nab a couple of 8 pounders so that those who want seconds can have it, and I'll have a bit of leftovers.

weee!
    ·
  • Tim,

I always just fill the egg. It is so good frozen and reheated and in ABTs or tacos. The butts are pretty cheap and you don't have to do as many overnighters.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • :woohoo: So what time should I come over?
    ·