Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Day 2 with the new Egg

FatMike
FatMike Posts: 464
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well the 1st firing I made hamburgers so for fun day Sunday, it's Fat Mike's pizza, the 1st attempt. Used the set up with the egg feet and a stone.. the pizza turned out great minus some edge burning from hanging over the stone, overall great flavor, you all were right. I am still amazed how you can hold the temperature, and make small adjustments when needed..This thing is great. Couple of pics of my 1st go around

FatMike01.jpg

FatMike1.jpg

FatMike02.jpg

Comments

• Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    That looks great! Nice job.

I did some pies on my medium Saturday, and the pizza stone was larger than the med placesetter so it got too hot and I burned to bottom of the first pie before the top was done. I had to finish the other pies under the broiler.

Yours looks perfect.
  • FatMike
    Used High Gluten flour for the dough and added some granulated garlic and some Italian seasoning..great flavor.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Welcome and a very nice job indeed. You're in for some real fun.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    mike that looks great congrats on some great looking food...

question what is the adjustable wrench hanging from the mates for?

where do you live?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FatMike
    lol..The wrench was to make sure the bolts were tight after the 1st cook...I wondered where I put that..I'm Located in Fayetteville, TN 30 min north of Huntsville Alabama
  • Welcome to the cult now you are hooked, keep cooking on the Egg and keep posting

Ross
  • BENTE
    yea watch that i have seen horror stories!! make sure you tighten them up again before long...

BTW welcome to the forum this is one of the best places for ideas ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Raebo
    Raebo Posts: 47
    Nice looking pie.
    You use to have to take a slow boat to Italy, or a troop train to Chicago to get a pizza that looked that good.
    Except now they must still have a meat, cheese, and flour shortage over there.
    Wars over folks.
    Toppings are an option.
    Burnt crust.
    Burnt crust with sauce.
    Burnt crust with sauce, and burnt red onion.
    Burnt crust with sauce, burnt red onion, and burnt asparagus.
    Yada yada yada.
    Thats not pizza.
    You can almost see through them.
    Up here in Canada we have these trendy pizza places that advertise pizza cooked over a wood fire at 1000 degrees, Big wup ( I use 450 to 500 ).
    Now you can do it your way on the BGE at home, with the family, save yourself enough over a year to buy your next egg.
    What a world we live in Eh, now less is more.
    Well, not at my house.
    Keep the pics coming, as we men are a visual bunch.
    The women on the other hand react better to the soft spoken word, or so I'm told.
    Sort of like looking at those beautiful bare breasted women of colour in National Geographic when I was a kid out in the back 40.
    I never did read any of those articles come to think of it.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Hmmm....react better to the soft spoken word....this is the BGE afterall...a 'MANS' world. ;) Women have no place here and nothing to contribute....obviously.... unless they are in full color in National Geographic. :angry: Might want to be a bit more diplomatic in the future Raebo....The women on this site will cook you under the table. B) Maybe in Canada they are still supposed to be bare foot and pregnant? :whistle:
  • BENTE
    were you born yesterday??

or was it only your brain?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Raebo
    Raebo Posts: 47
    Gee did you read all that into my post.
    Wow I might have to get looked at
    It could be I have some deep latent pent up mother issues I don't yet know about.
    Thanks I'll look into that.
    I have been to the USA many times, Great Country, Great people
    Women around the world have great senses of humour and for the most part can take it just as well as they can hand it out, as long as we keep it clean and respectful right?
    I'll remember to keep my posts to the point though.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Great job!! I had my Egg 2 years before I tryed a pizza and yours looks better than mine did. One bit of advice. I cheat and use parchment paper trimmed to the dough size. The back of the Egg will always be hotter than the fount and that is where it will burn. Since you are cooking at high temps anyway the Egg will recover almost instantly so I rotate my pizza about every 1 1/2 min while cooking to keep from burning the crust.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice looking pie. Looks better thatn mine :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Drinking and typing with you don't go well together.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Deplesis
    Deplesis Posts: 215
    Mike,
    You did it up right....even a new pizza peel, great shots!

Regards
    RJ
  • FatMike
    Great advice thank you
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Nice looking pie and welcome to the forum. And the good news is it only gets better from here.....
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    what size is your egg - I haven't gotten good enough to know by pictures yet -

great looking pizza btw