Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weeping egg

smalljawssmalljaws Posts: 58
edited 12:59AM in EggHead Forum
Fired up the egg tonight for steaks, but wanted to burn off all the grease from last weekends Butt cook so I brought it up to 700 +. I noticed that water droplets were forming all arond the bottom 1/2 of the dome and the egg was making a hissing sound. Very strange - has anyone else experienced water being forced from the dome?
·

Comments

• RVHRVH Posts: 523
    Nothing to worry about. It is just absorbed moisture in the ceramic getting "un-absorbed" by the heat.
    ·
  • Yes. Nothing to worry about. Have you had a lot of rain lately? Has your Egg been open to the elements? Your ceramic had absorbed some moisture. Now it's coming out.
    ·
  • Yes. Nothing to worry about. Have you had a lot of rain lately? Has your Egg been open to the elements? Your ceramic had absorbed some moisture. Now it's coming out.
    ·
  • Yup it is stored uncovered outside and we have had a good bit of rain lately. I've been cooking with this medium for 4 years and never noticed it before, had me a little worried.
    ·
  • Just crying because you don't use it enough... Keep it happy and fire it up during the week even if you don't cook anything, yeah right.
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    Agreed!!!

:laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Yup, startled me the first time it happened, too.
    IMG_0683.jpg
    ·
  • THATHA Posts: 185
    If this moisture is in left in egg and it freezes, will it cause any cracking?
    ·