Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throw Down V: Stuff It

Options
Throwdown Geek
Throwdown Geek Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yea, Stuff it. That is the only rule.

I know that some were expecting something strange from me, however, I decided that rather than trying to angle this throwdown into a certain direction by requiring certain ingredients or limiting the tools, I simply wanted to push for the most creativity as possible, so the entries themselves, rather than the parameters, will be the interesting stuff. Accordingly, the only requirement of this throwdown is that whatever it is you cook, it must be stuffed.

You can stuff a chicken with a pizza or a grape with a peanut, so long as you stuff something with something else.

It can be a main course, a side dish, an appetizer or dessert; you can invent a new category if that makes you happy.

Gadgets: feel free to use whatever you have (you can even cook components of the final dish in your kitchen if you want), and all accessories are fair game.

The final stuffed item(s) must be cooked on the egg of course, & that photo will be required with your entry.

Judging: Entries will be judged primarily on their creativity & uniqueness as well as presentation and just plain old how much we all want to reach into the computer & grab a piece, so please keep these in mind.

When: Throwdown V will be held this coming weekend. You may submit entries anytime between Wednesday, November 11, 2009 and midnight, Saturday, November 14, 2009 (midnight where ever you are). I will assemble the judging post early Sunday morning* and voting will commence as soon as its posted, and end that evening at 7pm (eastern).

How: Entries should be submitted as follows: Email your photos to eggheadthrowdown@gmail.com as a JPEG, not as an IMG (what you use to post on the forum). Email 3 pictures, the ingredients, the egg shot, & the plated shot you want included in the voting thread. Also, please name your dish, whatever you name it will be the only description that accompanies your picture on the voting thread.

* Keep in mind, your sponsor will be attending the tikifest festivities at WessB’s house on Saturday while all of the entries are being submitted, so, I will not be available to answer any questions during this crucial phase, so please try & follow the instructions or bill will come to your house & throw caveman club you to death sauce on you, and that might not be good.

Now go forth & stuff it

Comments

• caveman club you to death sauce is harmless to the un-dead [jl] the rest of you better follow the instructions.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Great idea and leaves a lot of options open. This one should be interesting. ;)
  • Little Steven
    Options
    the caveman,

Just had my first taste. A provocative little blend to be sure. Wanna see my fangs :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• will pass on seeing your fangs ,,
    glad you got it i did not get any delivery confirmations from us postal service on any thing i shipped that day,,,
    i found something you might be interested in but it is not suitable for posting here .. therefore ... you got mail
    bill
  • Little Steven
    Options
    bill,

What a great flavour and terrific afterburn. I replied after the first few drops on an omlette. I then put about sixty drops on the rest of it. Kind of a back door heat. Is the DHBTH as hot as Caveman? Incredible!
    I am assembling a package for you but I want it to be special :evil: so I need a few more days. B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DRHBTH may be slghlty less hot as some of the adp's were not fully ripe,, but my technique was better, it was cooked less and ground finer.. all the white membrane and approx 75% of the seeds made it into the final product. 60 drops??? you have now joined zl and jl in the ranks of the un-dead.. credit to mrs jl for the un-dead descritption.
    younger pit says the burn from tabasco brand dropped on tongue feels like caveman DHBTH burn after 15 minutes have passed.
  • Teach42
    Teach42 Posts: 219
    Options
    Bah, will be leaving town Wed morning. Can I cook something on Tuesday and post the pics on Wed? Or would that be violating the spirit of it?
  • Teach, just email it in on Tuesday, no worries, the geek
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I had this idea if I were to ever win. I am glad someone did it because I can not win with all these great cooks here.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    nonsense, of course you can win, you've got a week to come up with a cool idea, then just cook it, send it in, hopefully this go around we'll get a ton of entries
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania