Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have you made Vinegar?

Options
EGGTASTIC
EGGTASTIC Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I live on a farm and we operate a farm market as well as wholesaling produce. Part of the fall season we press our own apple cider. No pasteurization. Pure apples shredded and pressed right into jugs. The more I BGE, the more I find myself using Apple Cider Vinegar. I just did a search and it looks EASY to make. Has anyone made vinegar from Apple Cider? Is there anything I need to know? I figure 5 gallons should hold me until next cider season.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    This will be interesting to watch this post.
    Good luck.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Have left wine out too long...
  • Geoduck
    Options
    Haven't made vinegar "from scratch" but one of the best tricks I learned was to bring to a boil 1 part vinegar and 1 part related liquid... such as cider vinegar and apple cider/juice, wine vinegar and wine (red or white)

The cider mixture is in a sweet/sour range similar to that of balsamic vinegar and makes the best salad dressing.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    What are you doing on the forum when you're at the Plano eggfest Kari? How come you're not whopping it up at the after party???? This isn't the DOW I know.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Where is your market?