Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza...again

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not too shabby. :woohoo:

4082178610_6b511d2fd2_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Deplesis
    Deplesis Posts: 215
    Options
    Michael,
    I just ate and that still makes my mouth water. Where's the beer?
    RJ
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks purdy!! Nice job. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    In my hand. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Tasty too. 'Bout time, don't you think? :blink:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Deplesis
    Deplesis Posts: 215
    Options
    As it should be....Enjoy
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Yum!

Looks great . . . my fav!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Man - I'm sitting here in front of the computer and have this craving for a pizza... ok..I can wait til tomorrow......I think.

Seriously, great job and hope it was as good as it looks.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    I think this is your graduation! Where do I send the card?

Oh, wait... here it is:

graduation-card-funny-16002.jpg

Judy
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Nice Pizza Michael. What temp did you cook it at, and how long? I cooked a few at 550 tonight, and the bottom was cooking too fast. Kind of my fault, lit the egg, ran to store to get cheese, and thermo was pegged at about 800+ when I got back :blink:. I let temp come down, but I think stone was still too hot.

Sorry to hijack your post, but yours looked like what I was aiming for, so time and temp, and I will be on my way. :)
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Saw your post a way back about bread --

I was one of Peter Reinhart's testers for his new book... learned beaucoup.

You interested in baking bread on the Egg?

~ Broc
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    That'sa nicea lookin' pizza! Hope it was good to the palate!~~ 8 - ),,,
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    500 for 7-8 minutes. Mine got away from me a little too (600+), but came back down quickly enough.

I had to laugh at your "yours looked like what I was aiming for" comment. You haven't read my other recent pizza thread, have you? :lol: If you want trial and error novice advice, I'm your man. If you want good info, I may not be your best source. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Yeah, I'd like to give bread a shot. So far, the closest I've come to baking bread is putting two slices of it in the toaster! Came out real nice though. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Mmmm! That really looks good; crust looks just right.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Now do you want to eat at Pizza Hut? That looks like a perfect pizza.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    I never wanted to eat at PH... I just said that their pizza was better than mine! :laugh:

Fixed now though.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Not the one you have in the picture. I still believe your worst homemade pizza is better than conveyor belt PH.
  • Emarf
    Emarf Posts: 167
    Options
  • highpress
    Options
    Looks good to me. Better than the frozen crap i ate last night. :ermm: :blush: What can i say. I was tired, it was the end of the week, and to be honest i just wanted to sit and chill with my buddies Mr Morgan and Mr Coke...
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    That looks really good.

I can't make pizza as I have not received the Pizza toss kit yet. :( I have already installed a cathedral ceiling in my kitchen in anticipation.