Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...YANKEES WIN!!!

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the 27th time, the New York Yankees are World Series Champions. Amazing! I have been a Yanks fan since I was a kid growing up in Virginia... and I LOVE IT!! :woohoo:

The Yanks are soo much better than my pizza! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Boo, the Evil Empire!!!!
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Eat your heart out, Bud. :lol:

I figured, with all the Georgia members on this forum, I'd get at least one response like that. It was great...six games and not one tomahawk chop!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Yankee Fans cook on gassers! :sick:
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Amazing what $$$$ can do. ;)
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Way to go, Bronx Bombers!!~~ They "cook with gas" for sure!! 8 - )
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Not a fan of either, but would have liked to see the Yankmees come in 2nd.
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    And who said money can't buy hapiness?
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    You never get tired of it? I think I am ;-)

Way to go yanks though. It's an amazing organization.

One day I'll be the fan of a winning team! LOL
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    can't stand the spankies . .. but congrats to the best team money can buy!! . . it was a good series though ...and matsuki did deserve his mvp award . ..
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Think they finished 4th or 5th. Not even worthy of media mention...
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    The Yankees are not doing anything any other team can't do. They just spent their money on the right players. Look at the Mets. They spent a ton of money but didn't get results.
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    Right on Buster! The Steinbrenners put there money where their mouths are. Baseball doesn't prevent other owners from doing the same. They'd rather pocket the revenue sharing money than put in their teams. People forget how bad the Yankees were for 2 decades before George bought the team and turned them around and made them what they are. Spend money, buy players, win ball games and guess what. You'll be filling your ball parks.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Pettitte--former steroid user. A-rod--former steroid user. Hairston jr.--former steroid user. CC sabathia 161 million dollars, Mark teixiera 180 million dollars... the yankees show the world that if you cheat somewhere along the line and you have a lot of money, you will eventually win.

The NY Yankees...the best team money can buy.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell us that those guys are the ONLY players in MLB who have used PEDs. Sorry, I ain't buyin' it. I think that if the truth ever comes out, which of course, it won't, you will be amazed at the names on "the list".

I always find it interesting to hear all the "best team money can buy" comments. I understand the Steinbrenner's motivation; they just want to WIN, have the cash and are willing to spend it on their team. Nothing in the rule book that says others can't do the same. That said, it doesn't seem to be working though. The Yanks haven't won a WS in 9 years in spite of the money spent. The Marlins won in 2003 with the 25th highest salary (of 30 teams). In fact, in the past 9 years, five of the winning teams weren't even in the top 10. Don't recall too much being made of the Red Sox #2 salary ranking when they won their 2 WS. But then, it had been 86 years! They were overdue. :lol:

Yes, the Yankees have had the highest team salary for the past nine years. I guess that MUST be why they finally won one this year. Yeah, best team money can buy... eventually.

I get it though. It's the Yankees.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    Like CQ says! My man!