Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mushroom Spinach Pork Roll

Options
Pepper Monkey BBQ
Pepper Monkey BBQ Posts: 652
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Left home alone this afternoon with a pork loin ... so I decided to experiment. Took 1/3 of a 7lb loin and gave it a spiral cut so it was a little over 1/2 inch thick and laid flat. Seasoned with some of my left over rib rub ... added a layer of salt/pepper/white pepper/ground rosemary on top of the rib rub ... then sprinkled with some fresh ground coffee. Added a mixture of sautéed mushrooms/spinach/green onions/red pepper flakes/mozzarella cheese. Wrapped it up, added same dry rub mixture outside that was inside.

Slow smoked for an hour ... direct at 215 deg with applewood for smoke. After one hour, cranked the cyberQ up to 350 to finish with internal temp of 140 ... rested for ten minutes for final temp of 152 deg.

MushroomSpinachPorkRoll1.jpg
Chunk of loin

MushroomSpinachPorkRoll2.jpg
Cut and ready to season (next time I'll go a little more thin)

MushroomSpinachPorkRoll3.jpg
Mushroom and spinach mixture.

MushroomSpinachPorkRoll4.jpg
Ready to roll

MushroomSpinachPorkRoll5.jpg
Ready to smoke

MushroomSpinachPorkRoll6.jpg
140 internal, ready to pull

MushroomSpinachPorkRoll7.jpg
Plated with broccoli and rice ... charred up the broccoli on the egg after pulling the pork

Comments