Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil - 1st Forum Post - 2nd EGGperience

KMagnus
KMagnus Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm new to the forum and a new EGG owner, so pardon any missteps I may make. Feel free to point out where I can improve.

Sunday was the 2nd time I've fired up the EGG after getting it at EGGtoberfest. I like cooking London Broil, slicing and incorporating into a salad.

Threw it onto the grill at about 675.
IMG_0897.jpg

Seared it for 4 min and flipped. Realized when I flipped 4 was probably a minute or so too long
IMG_0900.jpg

Seared the other side for 3 min, flipped and roasted for another 3 min. Pulled it, foil wrapped and rested for 5 min, it ended up medium well.

Here is the side seared for 4 min
IMG_0903.jpg

And the side seared for 3 min
IMG_0905.jpg

Sliced enough to get lunch going
IMG_0907.jpg

Quickly thrown together salad with twice baked leftover potatoes and a little broccoli/onion stir fry made for a very good and filling lunch.
IMG_0910.jpg

I can't wait to find out what else will end up better just because it's being cooked on the EGG!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    here is the best way to improve::

invite more of us over!!!!

looks great!!

once you spend some time around here you will really figure out what you can cook on an egg.. just remember "if you can eat your mistake it was not a mistake" ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• You're off to a great start. The fun in this is reading the posts, meeting the folks, and doing lot's of experimenting. Welcom aboard! :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Thats not so bad! ;) Enjoy your cooking I do! :P Tim
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    If thats your first cook and your first post I would no be critisizing ANYTHING! The slightly char on one side was nearly gone after rest and the pics look like you have been taking food pics for some time. Only advice I would give is some folks have problems with burning there gasket doing those high temp cooks on the first couple of lightings. I f you didn't great. Outside of that great start!! :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice start and great first post!! Welcome! I can't wait to see what else you'll cook up.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • That's a good looking broil! Most likely you'll soon be using your egg come rain, shine, snow ... hurricane ... and you'll get a feel for exactly how you want things to come out .... judging by your pics ... looks like you are already there!

Joel
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Hmm, what will end up better because it was cooked on the EGG.......almost everything.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Nothing to criticize on that cook. It looks a lot better than my first cook, or probably my tenth.

Welcome and enjoy. There are a lot of good cooks here to learn from (and there are people just like me too).
  • KMagnus
    KMagnus Posts: 114
    I appreciate the compliments and suggestions. I really did not want to do high temp cooking out of the gate, but delayed on getting the plate setter and got too eager wanting to try it out.

I want to do something low/slow next, but I also want to give pizza a whirl.
  • KMagnus,

Way to go!...Damn the torpedos and gaskets. Great cook and don't be afraid to try anything.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Everything will be better!!