Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Portabello stuffers?

Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited 12:33AM in EggHead Forum
What is everyones favorite stuffing if any for portabello mushrooms? I'm just going with cheese tonight but thinking about crab meat the next time.[p]CWM
·

Comments

• Car Wash Mike, Cheese for sure, sun dried tomatoes, and another thing I do is scramble up some pork sausage, with onion and garlic in it. Then stir in your favorite salsa. I use this for stuffed mushrooms and ABT's. This is making me hungry, I have some left over ribs and ABT's from Sunday, ya'll excuse me for a few minutes.[p]Hugh, sitting on the "Dock of The Woods" eating ribs and ABT's

·
  • Car Wash Mike,
    Pepper jack cheese with light brush of barbeque sauce and sauteed wild mushrooms

·
  • bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    Car Wash Mike,[p]The crab meat combo sounds awesome...
    i WANT some!
    Let us know if you do the
    crab thing, how they turned out, and how you did them...i can just imagine here.
    YUM!
    ribeyes on the grill... i WANT crab now..... ;-)

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Dock of The Woods,
    Man, that sounds great. Also, sounds great for stuffed green peppers.
    Thanks for the input.[p]CWM

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Ohio Boy in DC,
    This is eggactly why I posted to get different ideas and yours will be a hit. I love hot pepper cheese.[p]CWM

·
  • HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    Car Wash Mike,
    Herbed Garlic butter; topped with ground beef(slightly pre-cooked)and a sliced hot pepper on top, and sprinkled with Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom.
    Hammer

·
  • Car Wash Mike,
    Check out my post above about portobello's, I love portobello's with pork sausage, cream cheese, and cayenne off the egg. I will use hickory or pecan and a local 'rub' called Nicks who's place is just across the river from STL.

·