Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach wood & Dizzy Pig for pork tenderloin

Options
Birdman
Birdman Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 2.75 lb pork tenderloin I want to cook on my large Egg. I also have some peach wood chips; would that be a good combination?[p]Also, any suggestions on a Dizzy Pig rub for this roast, or any other suggestions, will be greatly appreciated.[p]TIA.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Birdman,
    Never used peach, but a good fruitwood like peach should do well with your t-loin. I can't think of a dizzy rub that would NOT be good on your tenderloin. I would choose based on what you are serving it with. What are your sides??
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Birdman
    Birdman Posts: 66
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Thanks for responding.[p]I'm making red potatoes with wilted greens (swiss chard -- see link below).[p]Someone once told me that they cooked a t-loin by rubbing it with olive oil & rolling it in a dry onion soup mix, which I might try.[p]Can't remember whether to cook t t-loin slow & low -- not sure it has enough fat content for that.[p]
    [ul][li]Red Potatoes and Wilted Greens[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Birdman,
    A nice healthy coating of Raging River would work well with that side dish! Sounds great.
    I like t-loins direct at 300 or so, flipping for even crusting, to 145 internal temp.
    Enjoy!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Birdman,[p]I usually cook tenderloins direct on a raised grid at 325-350° until 145° internal. Pork loin I've done both direct on the main grid or indirect over a drip pan, like a roast. I cook either cut at 325-350° dome, depending on where the cooker wants to sit. With the indirect method, you don't mess with them much. With the direct method, you have to turn them every 10-15 minutes or so to keep from burning.[p]I wouldn't do it low and slow. There's not enough fat and it'd end up too dry for my tastes. [p]Tenderloin is one of my favorite cooks! Let us know how it turns out.[p]Tonia
    :~)[p]
    Tonia
    :~)