Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs tonight!!

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, this was my second attempt at ribs on the egg. Outstanding! The first needed lots of improvement. These were considerably more worthy. :)

It still amazes me how the egg is able to maintain the desired temp for hours at a time...in this case, about 5 of them. Not a single adjustment was needed!

4065844549_3abda35772_b.jpg

Halfway there...
4066593486_1c68624406_b.jpg

Sauced at about 4 hours. Now it's time to pull...
4065844047_3233aff59d_b.jpg

Served with baked beans and fries. My son and I really enjoyed this wonderful meal! :)

And yes, Ron, this is MY rib rack, MY egg, MY camera - and I took the pics. :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Emarf
    Emarf Posts: 167
    Options
    ribs tomorrow for me
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Lookin YUMMEE! ;)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    ;):) :laugh: :cheer:

Glad to see it partna. In fact those look so good I might have to use your pic next time I do a rib cook.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Hey, hey, hey! Watch it bud!! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    B) much better looking than my 2nd attempt :blush:
    Wanna trade some paella for some ribs :silly:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice job Michael!! I'm so proud of you!! :) :laugh: Purdy ribs!!
    You have mail, unless you're ignoring me ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Great looking rack! I started to do mine wet but every one wanted dry so served sause on the side. Great job!
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Don't know. I've never HAD paella. :blush:

But it's on my list.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Yep, I saw your pics... they looked real good.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Michael! I'll take your word for it that those are really YOUR pictures. I've been biting my tongue every time I see a drool-inducing pic in your posts, not wanting to start something...tongue is just about healed now.

What I really want to know is how you keep the outside of your Egg so CLEAN! Do you bring it in the house every night? Have an Egg shampooer stop by twice a week? That really IS your picture, isn't it?

Your friend in California (72° and sunny),
    Judy B)
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    It's not even three months old! It should look like my 20 year old Weber? I don't even have a cover.

By the way, Judy, it's ALWAYS 72 and sunny in San Diego. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    NO IT ISN'T! Sometimes it's 90 and sometimes it's 60. Even gets to 42° at night in the dead of "winter." Br-r-r-r-r-r.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Poor baby...

I was there once when it was actually cloudy - in the AFTERNOON!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    OK, Last-Word Ferguson...I surrender.

Must fluff up my down comforter because it might hit 50° tonight..
    Judy in San Diego
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    That is a great job on the ribs,thanks for the pics.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE