Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

PLEASE HELP! Wonderful weather - what to cook?!?!?

GrillerGriller Posts: 88
edited 3:10PM in EggHead Forum
After months of blistering Texas summer heat followed by a lot of rain, the awesome fall weather is here. Not a cloud in the sky and we're looking at about 70F as the high for the day. B)

It would be a crime not to egg something today and I was really looking for a long cook. I'm about hour and a half away from going to the grocery store to pick up the grub but the problem is no idea what to cook. Brisket? Pork Butt? I wouldn't have had time to have a rub sit on it tho... :ohmy:

I've got a large BGE, a cyberQ, and the full pig pen of The Dizzy Dust. What would you cook??
Help!!! ;)
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Pit or Italian beef.
    ·
  • Ribs fit nicely into the time you have. Or a big top sirloin, 250 until 140, makes for a beautiful moist tender tasty piece of beef. Enjoy the nice weather.

Doug.
    ·
  • Rooster KRooster K Posts: 416
    It's sunny and 43* here(man its good to see the sun again) and I am doing spare ribs and butternut squash or Sweet taters.
    ·
  • Ribs today. Brisket Tomorrow!

I'm making Pig Candy, pumpkin seeds, and ABT's for an after trick or treat cul-de-sac party. (If it doesn't rain).
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Ribs
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Could I get there in time????? :laugh:
    ·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. The pit beef suggestion led to an outburst from the wife pleading for dutch oven pot roast. I may do a brisket tonight and ribs tomorrow afternoon. Ahhhh, this is going to be a good weekend....
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Steaks tonight using RRP advice, and ribs tomorrow! Gotta have something to comfort me during that Viqueen/Packer game! Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!
    ·
  • You have had all of that time to sit and what? Scratch your elbow? Stare at the wall?

Haven't you had any ideas in the past few months about what you wanted to cook when the weather broke?

What the heck is this world coming to? ;)
    ·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    lol. I still cooked in the hot weather but at least now I can sit on the patio and enjoy the blue skies and the fresh air (with apple & hickory smoke!)

Was hoping for some inspiration from the egg forum and I found it! :)
    ·