Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Burgers+1

bigdtd
bigdtd Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I ordered the whole Dizzy Pig spice rub assortment this week and it arrived in a timely fashion with a handwritten thank you. I had some fresh ground beef and some seasoned Green Egg lump so I added a little fresh lump and some rain soaked hickory chips to the Egg. After reading the spice descriptions and knowing my two daughters sensitivity to spiciness, I chose the Raising the Steak Canadian Style BBQ Rub. It had a very nice blend of heat and seasoning without being overpowering. I could definitely tell how fresh the spices were. I mixed the rub into the burgers while forming and dusted them lightly before cooking and they were perfect. I let the fire build to 400+F dome temperature and started cooking. I turned the burgers repeatedly at 2 minute intervals being careful not to poke them. I let the internal temps rise to approx. 160F before removing and letting cool around 6 minutes. The burgers were definitely done but still very moist and tasty. We baked some potatoe slices brushed with olive oil and dusted with Dizzy Dust and they became a perfect compliment to the burgers. It was a simple meal made special by the combination of Egging and proper seasoning. I feel that the spices were a good investment and I can't wait to cook something with all the different combinations.

Comments