Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally! GOT MY EGG!!

Options
GBZee
GBZee Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry for the long post, but I am sooooo excited!![p]OK......for those who missed the earlier posts, I've been waiting for the local Egg dealer to open after their extended holiday shut down, but I really wanted to cook on an Egg for Jan 1. So, the heck with them! Drove 1 1/2 hours to Tupolo, Mississippi and got my large BGE![p]I am soooo excited I could .... well never mind what I could. I've been reading the forum for a few months and was ready.[p]First cook. Spatchcock chicken. It was fantastic. The white meat was juicy! Never had thet before. Practiced with temp control, no problem.[p]Nect night, Pork loin, marinated in a jerk sauce for a few hours. It was terrific, family going nuts![p]Third night, neighbors coming over. ABT's...Filled peppers with cream cheese and topped with some left over pork loin, chopped up pretty small and mixed with KC Masterpiece, then wrapped with bacon. Soooo good, then got the Egg up to 650, put on four 1 1/2 inch New York Strips from Fresh Market (marinated in Dales for an hour then rubbed both sides with Montreal Steak Seasoning right before the cook). Seared both sides then shut down the Egg and let them cook 'till medium. IT WAS THE BEST JUICYIEST STEAK WE EVER HAD.[p]Neighbors already said they are bringing over the meat if I would cook it for them![p]Thanks to all of you who answer questions. I had a pretty good idea about what to do just by reading all the posts. I was a bit nervous about the high temp steak searing but it went well.[p]I hope to be able to contribute top this forum some day and give back some of the help you all provided!
-george

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    GBZee,
    Glad to hear you were able to get your egg even if you had a little bit of a drive. You are in for a lot of fun, a bit of a learning curve a probably a new (bigger) wardrobe in the future.[p]Stay close to the forum, ask your questions here and be aware of the potential flashback of ceramic type cookers.[p]Congratulations,
    New Bob

[ul][li]Flashback/The Naked Whiz's website.[/ul]
  • Buck Shot
    Options
    GBZee,[p]So you want to start contributing back to the forum. Well here is your chance. What type of Jerk sauce are you using and how do you like it. I have never been totally satisfied with mine.[p]Great to have you here.