Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Top tip for those with a rain cap for their egg...

UKMattUKMatt Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Like many others, I have a metal rain cap for my egg that I can put on top of the adjustable daisy wheel thingy in inclement weather.

It looks like this:

6ceaf57a-189f-4107-9ccf-417bd850a516_300.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I was getting the egg fired up for some searing and it started raining. Now, when I usually use the rain cap I am cooking low and slow. This time, I decided to protect the new fire from the rain with the rain cap.

Usually, when cooking at 250, the rain cap is pretty cool to the touch. However, when the egg gets to 700 degrees and you decide to take off the rain cap to put on the daisy wheel I can now, speaking from experience, recommend you use tongs or gloves to protect your hands.

Did you know it's possible to leave finger prints burned onto an aluminum chimney cap? Me neither.

Ouch.

UKMatt

Comments