Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Thanks to all! (long)

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,366
edited 9:29AM in EggHead Forum
Woo wee! Just back into town after 11 days on the road for the Eggtoberfest and the Jack. Gonna take a few days to recover, but I have some thanks I want to put out.

Thanks to everyone at the egg mothership for your support of Dizzy Pig, and for making me feel so welcome. Just knowing yall makes it obvious why BGE is so successful. You guys are amazing.

Thanks to all that attended for the nice comments on the class and demo I did, and for your patience with my nervousness!

Thanks to all my egg friends for making the fest (and the corresponding parties) a memorable time. What an amazing group of folks.

Thanks to Bill Wise for offering up his cabin on the lake. I relaxed for almost three days with nobody to answer to. And thanks to Bente for joining me for an afternoon out on the boat.

Thanks to all below for your nice comments regarding Dizzy Pig's nice day at the Jack. The Eggs cooked flawlessly, and we turned in four boxes of really good food. The smoke coming from the Eggs smelled especially nice this year. There were 80 teams, and we were all pleased with our 10th overall finish. One of the coolest things was coming out ahead of the other teams that have won the Jack before, as well as most of the teams that won 7 grand championships this year to qualify. A real special day, and we really appreciate your comments!!

Chuck, Woo, Brian, Hatch, Lard, Nicole....thanks for being the best team mates a guy could ask for.

Hope to get some pics up, but time to get caught up here at the office! Thanks again yalls!
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

• Congtats Chris & the whole team. Well deserved.
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Congratulations to you and the team Chris. You guys never cease to amaze me. 10th overwall....that is incredible. I'm honored to have you as a friend. Hope you can have some time to relax after this hectic month.
  • Congrats Chris Hope to see ya at some Comps Next year
  • Great job!
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Chris,, congrats to you and the whole Dizzy Pig team for a great showing against the best of the best.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Congrats to the whole Dizzy Pig team...see y'all at the Waldorf we hope.. ;) :)
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Sounds like good stuff across the board. ;)

Way to represent us all Chris. B)

77 of 80 teams couldn't stack-up with the chicken :woohoo: Bet the rubs didn't hurt :whistle:

Hope you don't mind me braggin you up. :ermm: :)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thank you DP crew! Great Job!

• Glad to have gotten to see you this past month or so it has been to long. Great job at the Jack. See you soon on the trail. Hoss
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Big congrats to you and your team Chis! It was wonderful meeting the man behind Dizzy Pig at the Atlanta fest and we look forward to seeing you at many more. oh and when I see your brother in law in NH next June I will tell him I now know who the REAL brains are behind the out fit lol Julie
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,498

Good job! Congrats man.

Caledon, ON

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    glad you got back safe and sound!!

congrats on the great showing with some pretty stiff competetion.. i know you are all proud!!

anytime you are in my direction give me a call. but i firmly believe you were using some DP on that fishing lure you caught all those fish on :laugh:

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hey Chris congrats on the Jack, bet you're mighty proud! Was good seeing ya again at the fest. -RP
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Great job,I'm sure you're proud,I know we are proud of ya'll.You would have probably won if some dumba$$ had'nt swiped you pizza stone in Atlanta! :blush:
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Seeing you and the team take 10th over all was really exciting. You and the whole team have worked really hard for several year and it's great to see all of the hard work pay off.

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Chris congratulations to you and your crew. It is well deserved.
    Now get back to work. :)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Muy Bien Chris. FELICIDADES!!!!!! & Keep all that great work!!
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Way to go Team Dizzy Pig :woohoo: Congrats to ya'll :cheer: Glad to hear that you finally made it back home mang :)
  • Congrats Chris and the DP Team !!!

DP rubs are unbeatable !
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    You're da man, Chris
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Chris it was great seeing you again this year. I wish you continued success with your great products! Next time you're in town, I hope you look me up.
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Dizzy Pig has a big fan club. And I am one of your biggest fans! again, congrats.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Keep on truckin' man.
    Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Chris, Congratulations.

It was great to see you and your team on Saturday, and thanks for having me in your camp.

I can see why you are invited to these competitions. The ribs and brisket I tasted were beyond excellent and the best I have ever tasted.

Thanks again,