Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken and Eagles

AnnaG
AnnaG Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, glad to be back home from Eggtoberfest and work, and cooking on the egg again...

Southern Miss Golden Eagles was playing Tulane tonight, so decided to do chicken wings...

Still learning about regulating temps on the new small egg. Turns out the small has hot spots in the front of the egg vs. on the back with the large egg...

Any small owners that have experiences to share, please do! Look forward to your input. ;)

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I don't know about small's but I can give ya a few tips on sharpenin lawnmower blades!!! :laugh: :P B)
  • AnnaG
    Haaaaaa I will keep that in mind Hoss!

It was great to finally meet you and your wife in person... Eggtoberfest was a blast... :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Great to meet you Anna!Can't wait til the next one! ;)
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Glad to hear your small is back in action!! I know the business trip straight from Eggtoberfest was NO fun! Glad you are home safe, and cooking again. ;)
    And sorry...no small experience here....but practice makes perfect!! What'ya cookin tomorrow??? :ermm: Don't forget pics next time! :) We like pics.... :laugh: :whistle:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    No pics???
    I haven't noticed a hot spot, but I'm a little different. :blink:
    You can always light in more than one place. You can even cut the cubes in two with scissors.

Welcome back to the Eggs.
  • AnnaG
    Thanks Michelle!

I am SO happy to be back home and with my eggs...

Steak and taters are on the schedule for tomorrow... I will take pics, if they turn out... :)
  • AnnaG
    Hey Ron,

I took pics, but they are not worth posting... just chicken wings... A couple were WELL done, but the others were just right...

Thinking it over, I think I need to adjust the bands... The dollar bill test was tighter on the back end vs. the front end of the egg... :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Hey Anna,, one thing I noticed on my small is it is more likely to burn straight down rather than spread. Like ron said maybe lighting in multiple spots might help a bit. Try lighting in 3 spots and see if that helps. Great seeing you again and Looking forward to the Florida fest.