Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biggest Life Changing Events For Me

Options
Ribhead
Ribhead Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
over the last 10 years! (in order)

1) Purchasing a Big Green Egg

2) Birth Of My Beautiful Child

3) Dizzy Pig Rubs - I almost put this one first, but I would not have stumbled on them without first getting the egg

4) Marrying my wife! - this would have been number 1 if we would have rec'd a damn egg as a wedding gift. fyi - My wife does not visit this site:)

5) NFL Sunday Ticket on Direct TV

6) Table for my EGG

7) Winning tickets in the lottery to the practice round of the Masters (golf event)

8) Red Wings winning the cup

9) Thermapen

10) CarWash Mikes Rib recipe!

11) Cover for my Egg and Table

Have a good weekend!

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Looks like you're having a good life to me, Egg on.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • frankly, i'd throw my BGE off a cliff in a second if it would save my kids...

i'd have to put kids and wife at number one, in a tie.

discovering scotch and sex, number 2. happened the same day, so i get to list them on the same line.

fe---t--, number three. (the guys know it's really number one, but for our families' sake we'll put it at three). and i'm talking receiving. the giving, not so hot. um, from what i hear, i mean.

seeing the Who perform "Tommy", discovering Led Zeppelin, and being of age for Pearl Jam, they land at four

aging beef like real men do, without bags or fretting over such girly things as bacteria, number five. the reason cavemen aged beef was to kill off the pansies who couldn't handle such things. i see that it has not taken effect.

six would be learning to drive.

seven would be learning to drive while receiving number three. it an be tough to work the gas pedal without alternately revving and slowing. you think it's hard to drive with a cell phone?

seven would be realizing that self-education and cultivating one's mind is as important as anything else in life. i try to read an hour or more a day. and i honestly feel that a day where you havben't learned something is a day wasted, and an insult to whatever god you believe in.

eight would be discovering that food needn't be some cr^p you make from a box or order in, that it can be something simple cooked at home and enjoyed as much for the process as it is the result.

nine would be discovering (being turned onto) the egg. which is really just an extension of eight.

ten would be, well. i dunno. mayube meeting rod, max, zippy, and sundown, thorough the forum. rrp, NB, woodoggies, etc.

my apologies to bacchus, who may find that a little off color. and apologies to judy also, for any misspellings or logical fallacies.
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    Now, is that just Pearl Jam,or Pearl Jam jamming with Neil Young?
    Number five is very clever.
  • the jam with N.Y. has attained "perpetual loop" status here.

i put it on my 9 year old son's iPod even...
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    you know, after reading yours, mine would simply pale in comparison so why even bother!!!

but watching my daughter being born, and watching my wife get off the plane with our adopted son rank equally as number one in my book ... .everything else finishes somewhere behind ... .
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    No need to apologize to me Stike, I like off color.
    Fave Zep Song? It's a Toss up between "When the Levee Breaks" & "Gallows Pole" for me.
    Good to see you post!

Ron
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    kashmir and battle of evermore (although ann and nancy wilson actually out do zep on that one!!)
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    Don't forget Sylvan Song..Dream of the Archer
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Gotta go with Kashmir and the Lemon Song.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Dude, I didn't even know what scotch was when I discovered sex. Or maybe I have that backwards.

kids are a definite number one for me too.

i agree with most of your list, but learning to raise, slaughter/harvest, preserve, and prepare my own food ranks very high for me. Especially the part where I get to kill and burn stuff. Something about total self sufficiency makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - you know - in case the country implodes or something I can disappear to the woods and live off the land. There's a sick sense of security in stuff like that.
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    Kashmir, with Heartbreaker a close second. Or maybe "When the Levee Breaks". I'll let you know after hearing them another 50 times or so.

Wife, kids, family (even the in-laws, most of them anyways) #1

Friends, both personal and cyber - #2

Dogs - #3

Elvis P., pie, and baseball - tie for #4

Everything else is all good and tied for #5. Except for the Yankees, cats and Notre Dame, they come in last.

Scotch is good, but what is this sex thing everyone refers to? And I done forgot how a fella gets fe---t--,apparently its a European thing or something.

Apologies to Judy. Just in general for everything.

Ron, you are ok in my book.
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    I saw Pearl Jam open for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Eddie pitching in to sing "The Waiting" was an incredible experience- Joyful Ed is so much more fun than Dour Ed.
  • "I thought you were dead Mr. McCandles."
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Very intriguing thread! The most life changing has to be kids for me.

Most provoking to me in the thread was the Led Zepplin discussion. There are way too many awesome LZ songs to pick a fav... The entire LZ-I was raw you couldn't predict one note to the next awesome every song, LZ-II was fully awesome end to end, LZ-III well not my fav but led into IV and immortality for LZ, and Houses (D'yer Mak'er), Physical Graffiti both Awesome. Honestly I couldn't / can't pick / it's going to shake me all night long... Well fav song is one of the ones between LZ I and Physical Graffiti..
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    1. Marrying my best friend Wife) 2.Birth of both children (God blessed us a boy and girl)
    3.My daughter winning state cheer comp at 8 year old(Look on her face-Priceless
    4.Son pitching no-hitter at 13 and asking if it was over.
    5.My Dad's surprise 75 b-day in Laughlin(Big strong man w tears in his eyes
    6.Presenting my mom a picture for her 70 b-day of our family 31 strong
    7parents 50th anniv that's my role model
    8.20th anniv for the wife and I (In Mar)
    9.Winning top chef at Socal Eggfest
    10.Still to come

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Good stuff Dale!