Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anyone tried these JH rubs???

Options
BHE1
BHE1 Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I stopped into my local BGE dealer today to pick up some JH Pecan rub and they suggested I try Ole Bob's Hickory w/Garlic and Jalapeno Rub (both JH brands). Have any of my fellow eggers tried these?

I'm having several people over for football tomorrow and would like to try both new rubs. I'm cooking 6 racks of bb ribs and 12 chicken breast for the adults (hot dogs for the kids). The Jalepeno rub sounds like it would be really good on the ribs; I hate tying new/different seasonings without trying them first. Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Comments

• Emarf
    Emarf Posts: 167
    Options
    I've used the Pecan and Jalepeno I like both rubs , the jalepeno I like on wings but I like a lot of his rubs
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    We use JH Pecan on everything. Gonna try it on a Brisket Sat. He has both regular and hot Pecan. Never tried the hot. Have a good weekend. B)
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    I use the Pecan rub on ribs, they have Raspberry Chipotle Rub that you might want to try
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I also like JH pecan rub on my ribs. I smoke them with sassafras wood, maybe a small chunk of cherry for color.
  • Reverend BSB
    Options
    I have used just about every one of John Henrys Rubs. I love the Jalapeno Rub on hot dogs. Poke some holes in them with a fork and let them sit in a bag with a heavy dose of Jalapeno Rub for a few hours. I have had people call them the best dogs they have ever had. It is also good to spice up ABT's.

The Pecan is good on ribs, turkey, chicken, just about everything.

There is a Honey Lemon Pepper that is amazing on wings. I season them and let them sit overnight, then marinate them all day in a mix of EVOO, Honey, Lemon Juice, and my homemade Habanero Hot Sauce. Then I grill them basting them with the marinade. Sweet and spicy.