Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping thirdeye

Options
SoonerChris
SoonerChris Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The sauce you did with your moink balls below, looks like a Thai chili sauce. Can you share?

DSC06443JPGa.jpg

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I hope this is going where I thing it's going... ;)
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    hornhonk wrote:
    I hope this is going where I thing it's going... ;)

It can go there too! :P I'm making these for a watch party I'm going to tomorrow for the OU vs. Kansas game.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    :blush: :evil: :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    that sounds like a really good twist, could probably even make some type of thai inspired meatball with soy/ fishsauce, lime, maybe even use pork for the meat, etc.
    thai dipping sauce is easy, simmer to a light sauce,half cup white vinager, half cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 6 to 8 chopped garlic cloves. when it starts to thicken up to a light syrup remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, allow to cool
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Personally I would like to share that plate
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    fishlessman wrote:
    that sounds like a really good twist, could probably even make some type of thai inspired meatball with soy/ fishsauce, lime, maybe even use pork for the meat, etc.
    thai dipping sauce is easy, simmer to a light sauce,half cup white vinager, half cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 6 to 8 chopped garlic cloves. when it starts to thicken up to a light syrup remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, allow to cool

Ok, got a jar of organic jalapeno jelly from a local place. Going to baste them in that. Hopefully it'll be good. Will let you all how it goes.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC06437JPGa.jpg

The recipe was easy. I just opened the bottle and heated some. :laugh: MOINK balls can be bland, so I like to go pretty spicy on the sauce. I think a Thai sauce would be good on them.

DSC06435JPGa-1.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    thirdeye wrote:
    DSC06437JPGa.jpg

The recipe was easy. I just opened the bottle and heated some. :laugh: MOINK balls can be bland, so I like to go pretty spicy on the sauce. I think a Thai sauce would be good on them.

DSC06435JPGa-1.jpg

Thanks, going to try the jalapeno jelly thing and see how it goes.