Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

new wireless ACU-RITE thermometers arrived

RRPRRP Posts: 13,824
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The PO delivered the two ACU-RITE wireless thermometers I bought last week from WOOT. At $12.95 they were cheap especially since I had recently paid $12 each JUST for some replacement probes!
IMG_0704.jpg
It was pointed out that day that the engineer who designed this probably didn't have a grasp of what people might like such as having a temp display on the receiver end so it could be monitored instead of suddenly hearing BEEP BEEP BEEP meaning your meat is done when you're inside deeply involved in some other activity! OTOH one feature that I've never seen in any of the 7 or maybe 8 brands of wireless thermometers I've owned is the simple digital clock when it's not being used as a timer/monitor/broadcaster. If nothing else iffin it goes bad I'll be left with yet another digital clock!!! After all my Nu Temp wireless died 8 years ago, but still works without a probe to accurately tell me the ambient outdoor temperature from the first floor porch clear up to my 2nd floor bedside a good 80 feet away - but it doesn't have a clue what temperature a meat probe is!!!
Ron
Dunlap, IL

Comments