Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

char buddy's sad Christmas

char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Char buddy took his family down to Atlanta for the holidays. He joyfully looked forward to visiting the Big Green Egg headquarters = a personal shrine.[p]Sad to say it never happened for Char Buddy. He left town a few days ago and never once got over to Mecca. [p]Char buddy did get to one of those Brazilian restaurants Eggers like to talk about and he liked it. The one he went to was on Windy Hill road, near Atlanta road. He wants to go back.[p]The pain of being so near the BGE store and yet remaining so far away has left a scar. Char buddy now talks about himself in the third person. He stays up late at night. And he's lost his sense of humor. [p]Oh the humanity. [p]

Comments

• char buddy ,[p]Char Buddy, you are taking this way too hard! If you would have got to Mecca, you may have spent all your gas money for the trip home. [p]I also went to Atlanta (Woodstock) to meet my family for the Christmas holiday. However, I avoided Mecca as I knew I would probably spend too much money. I didn't even get a Brazilian meal but my SIL did fix several wonderful meals. [p]The best part of my trip was getting to meet my newest grandbaby Mia Rose who is now four months old. [p]Just hang in there as the cure will take some time unless you go back immediately to the shrine and purchase another cooker. [p]Old Dave

• Brett
    Brett Posts: 56
    char buddy ,
    At times like this a man needs his teammates around him. Come on down to D.C. tomorrow and Max, Chris and I will revive your spirit with a BGE new year's cook. I am doing a Peking Duck, chicken and ribs, and that's just me. There is space on the cookers with your name on it good (char)buddy. [p]Brett

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    char buddy ,[p]I'm thinking Brett is right. In order to ease the pain of being so close to Mecca and yet so far, you need to partake of the culinary treats that the ceremonial vessels from Mecca provide. Get in that car and go do some bonding...![p]Happy New Year to you and all the team![p]Tonia
    :~)

• char buddy ,
    mad max is sad for you my brother. ...[p]mad max says you need to come down to virginia on thursday. . .[p]mad max says he's going to lug his eggs across the street to brett's house so that we'll have a full line up of cookers going. . .[p]mad max says he has some nice shrimp to tsunami spin up and grill for you. . .[p]mad max says he'll pull a couple of big honkin 2" sirloins out of the freezer to trex just for you and chris and brett[p]mad max says . . .'be there or be square'. . ..[p]mad max. . .mad max . . .mad max. .isn't sure he like talking in the 3rd person, he is very confused about his own identity now. ... ..LOL

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    char buddy , the trip to BGE Mecca should always be made in October (third weekend to be specific). I expect to see you there next year. Make a New Year's resolution right now. Your sins will be atoned. :-)

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    char buddy ,[p]That's like making it all the way to Mordor but then not being able to cast the One Ring into the fires of Mount Doom.[p]I feel your pain, man!
    Cornfed

• char buddy ,
    Don't worry, the Naked Whiz talks about himself in the first person plural a lot and so far, his doctor hasn't felt the need to take action. :-)[p]If you travel through Raleigh, NC (it's about 7 hours closer to you than Atlanta) we have one of those meat places. Drop me a line and we'll both go get (what's the meat equivalent of being drunk?) lot's of meat together.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Oh, and I promise to leave my Whizzeroo-Q-Guru® at home! LOL[p]TNW
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,[p]We stayed in Durham overnight on the way down and I wondered whether I could have given you a morning call.[p]On the way back we ate at Mama Dip's. I had the chittlin's and fried okra for desert. I could have danced all night, if you know what I mean.

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]char buddy is working his ass off today, so that char buddy can get his ass down to Virginny tomorrow. [p]See ya next year.
  • Brett,[p]this is so righteous, my man. I gots to get down there.[p]
  • Old Dave,[p]That had been my plan. I had hoped that thoughtful relatives would have made the connection and taken the hint. [p]
  • char buddy ,
    i have three beautiful choice 2 inch sirloins (hand cut them myself) to trex up tomorrow. .. .don't disappoint your adoring fans!!. . .[p]i really do hope we'll see you. ..