Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wow That was wild!!

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,257
edited 6:58AM in EggHead Forum
Grilled some chicken breast for fajitas tonight. Damp and foggy outside so I decided to do the hot pan on the induction top. Put the pan on the top, went to turbo power and Caraaack! split the lodge pan right in half.
Wow!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• wow Steve, hope you didn't get hurt. any damage to the induction top?
    -Gary
    ·
  • so where are the pictures... hope you and your kithen are un damamged
    bill
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    holy crap!!! neil and I have been looking at them to replace the stove at our fl house. if he reads this he will hide all my vintage cast :(
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Wow Steve!! Very perplexing!! :S Just glad nobody got hurt!! (To heck with the niceties....LOL....is the cooktop OK?? :huh: :blink: ) Think there was some sort of flaw in that skillet you didn't know about, and the magnetics just did it in??? :huh:
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,257
    LC,

My computer is pooched. Just moved to Norma's. There was very little oil in the CI and everything is ok but nobody told me about this. I have been deep frying on it cause it is supposed to be safer :huh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Julie,

Nothing but great results so far but this was a shocker!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    bill,

No damage except the pan. Thanks for the sauce man, I will reciprocate shortly.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Gary,

No damage but my favourite Lodge pan.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,812
    Glad everyone is safe. In the "50's my mother did some fresh caught rainbow trout from the Pecos Rver in New Mexico on a gas stove in the winter and the grate cracked as also the cast iron pan. Figger it was the extreme heat difference.
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Pics,pics....I wanna see pics!
    ·
  • let me know if you like it .. i will hopefully be able to get out one more batch this year .. and can put your name on a bottle
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Steve...cant you access your email from Normas computer?
    ·
  • :unsure: Pecos River used to have fish???? :blink: must have been from real big snow melts in Colorado :whistle: ... we are lucky to get a little water these days :(
    ·
  • LS:

I'll be happy to pick you up a new skillet at the lodge outlet. just let me know. claycamp@gmail.com
    ·
    Clay,

Thanks for the offer but I can get them locally. :)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,777
    never seen that happen and i put mine on a cranking hot wok burner. maybe it has something to do with that induction burner?
    ·
    fishlessman,

The induction is really fast. I did have the pan in the garage but it was inside for a while before I turned it on. Think I'll lay off the turbo with CI.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I distinctly recall the sound of my CI grate snapping in two spots. I cannot imagine the sound of the pan snapping on the stovetop. Must have scared the bujeezus out of you! Glad you're OK.
    ·
    wokonmedium,

It was a little unnerving. Thanks.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Todd,

I'll try and post tonight. My computer is close to toast though.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·