Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a BGE pizza stone....best source?

Options
SoonerChris
SoonerChris Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm ready for my pizza adventure. I've got a platesetter and feet to put a pizza stone on I just need the stone.

What the best source? Ebay, Fred's?

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Hope you're getting an BGE stone right?
    I think my stone for a Lrg at local dealer was $35-$40.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    The BGE pizza stone is best...
  • PlanoPokes79
    Options
    CeramicGrillStore.com...talk to Tom
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    Yes, let me qualify the original question. What's the best source for a BGE stone?
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Go for the BGE stone.I have never heard of one that cracked and if it did you are covered.It is well made and has the thickness that you want in a stone to hold the heat.In my book it would be the first one on my list.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Chris,
    Just pick one up at your nearest BGE dealer.
    By the time you pay shipping from a mail order place and risk getting a broken stone in the mail the price will be about the same. Bonus, a future crack or break will get you a new stone from your dealer.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    SoonerChris - are you in OKC? Have you been to Everything Barbecue on N. May Ave. yet? They host the OKC EggFest and have a pretty good supply of eggs and eggcesories.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    ibanda wrote:
    SoonerChris - are you in OKC? Have you been to Everything Barbecue on N. May Ave. yet? They host the OKC EggFest and have a pretty good supply of eggs and eggcesories.

Actually in Ada. But I'll stop by the next time I'm in the city and pick one up there. Thanks.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Personaly, I waited until I went to a BGE event when they were discounted. If you can wait. I don't remember what I paid for mine but I got 25% off when I did. ;) I also think I was very lucky because that was at the first annual Indianapolis, Indiana eggfest last Aug. 2009. Tim :)
  • ebrooker007
    Options
    I didn't think accessories were covered by the warranty. I have a cracked plate setter that cracked due to heat it is still in one piece though. It just has a crack right down the middle. The dealer said it was not covered. I have only owned it since June.
  • poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 129
    Options
    support your local dealer. They will be there for you