Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Barbeques Galore

shubydoobydo
shubydoobydo Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone dealt with them? There is one down the street from me and it is the closest place for some BGE stuff. Looks like they have good rubs and stuff.... how are their prices... I am new to this and dont want to get ripped off. I think they had a large BGE Plate setter for $65, but dont quote me on that. Thanks!

Comments

• troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    I bought my large BGE from them, plus some accessories. They did a good job for me and have been reasonable to deal with on other matters. Where do you live?
  • I live in Suwanee GA
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Their stores in the ATL area closed down about a year ago, and I assumed everywhere else. I didn't buy any Eggs there but always had good experiences with them. I bought a gasser there before my egging days, a turkey fryer, and countless accessories, spices, etc.
  • OliverB
    OliverB Posts: 22
    I just bought mine there 3 days ago. They had almost all on display, not sure about the med, but the XL, L and the mini. XL in a nest, L in a table. I think prices are pretty much the same everywhere?
    They do have the EGG mates on sale right now, for below $90.-

They also have the coal (BGE and their own brand) and most accessories where on hand. Helpful sales person too, seemed to know his stuff. Has an old kamado at home. That was in the Walnut Creek, CA store.

I'm really glad they had the XL and the L on display, as I had thought I'd get the XL, once I saw what a monster that is I went with the L, which will be plenty big for me. They were out of stock on the XL and I almost ordered it w/o seeing it, so glad I didn't.

Oh, sales guy also helped load everything in my truck, despite the fact that he was the only one working there that day. And one of the little feet is chipped, I called and was told I can just bring it in and swap it out for an other one. (I'll probably never use the feet, as I got a nest, but still, I want my stuff to be ok). I'll do that when I get the Egg Mate, which they had to order.

I'm happy with the store and I think they have a good reputation in general.

Oliver (who still smells the smoke from last night's bacon!)
  • Bacchus wrote:
    Their stores in the ATL area closed down about a year ago, and I assumed everywhere else. I didn't buy any Eggs there but always had good experiences with them. I bought a gasser there before my egging days, a turkey fryer, and countless accessories, spices, etc.

There is one up here in johns creek/alpharetta/cumming. Its part of a outdoor shop... they sell gravel trees etc. Stopped by and really liked the selection of stuff, but not in my budget to buy right now!
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    I bought my L and accessories from them. Occassionally some rubs. There are none left in Houston or I'd probably still shop with them.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    (I'll probably never use the feet, as I got a nest, but still, I want my stuff to be ok

Actually you'll probably use your feet more than you think. I have a nest as well, and use my feet for the pizza stone on top of the platesetter, drip pans on the platesetter, cassarole dishes on the plate setter, etc...it keeps the items off direct contact with the platesetter and allows airflow undearneath. Seems to work quite well for alot of different applications.
  • Garnerac
    Garnerac Posts: 134
    I bought my LBGE there. Very good store. I also bought a gas grill there about 10 years ago that has held up beautifully. The ones they sell now arent near as good as the older ones though.
    Good franchise IMO!
  • ray356
    ray356 Posts: 26
    I brought my LBGE from them about six months ago. They seemed knowledgably and were helpful. They had most of the accessories and what they did not have they ordered.
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    I bought my large from them and they had really good service from their sales people, even gave me a discount on BGE lump, In August of last year they filed for Bankruptcy, they sold out to a Taiwanese gas grill Manufacturer GRAND HALL, They also make gas grills for kenmore and many others, There are no bbq Galore stores in NV. I have a friend in Calif. lives near one and he picks up my wood chunks for me.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Drive down to Tucker and get the best prices on BGE accessories.
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    I occasionally buy rub from them. Very good selection. I used to buy wood from then until I found that the local HEB (grocery chain in Texas) has the same stuff for 1/2 the price.
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    As far as I know the MD and VA stores closed down.
  • JCinGA
    JCinGA Posts: 139
    Look at you handle.
    It's just like I told people. JCinNVPeriod
    JCinGA NO PERIOD
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    And I keep telling you, I don't have no stinking period,I'm not built right :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • OliverB
    OliverB Posts: 22
    I just went back there to get the pizza stone, the grill handle thing and the v-rack. They do have all eggs on display and have many but not all accessories on hand.

Interesting that they went out of biz and got bought, I guess that explains all the empty pages on their website.

Ours is a nice store, some gas fireplaces, patio heaters, lots of gas grills (I'm not interested in) and the eggs, some other smokers and charcoal grills. Rubs, spices, tools. Friendly staff too. There are at least three of them in the Bay Area, Walnut Creek, Dublin, Palo Alto.

Smoked bacon and made a fantastic pizza on my egg so far, probably leg of lamb this weekend. Yumm and I love the egg!