Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need a BGE pizza stone....best source?

SoonerChrisSoonerChris Posts: 302
edited 11:11AM in EggHead Forum
I'm ready for my pizza adventure. I've got a platesetter and feet to put a pizza stone on I just need the stone.

What the best source? Ebay, Fred's?
·

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Hope you're getting an BGE stone right?
    I think my stone for a Lrg at local dealer was $35-$40.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    The BGE pizza stone is best...
    ·
  • CeramicGrillStore.com...talk to Tom
    ·
  • Yes, let me qualify the original question. What's the best source for a BGE stone?
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Go for the BGE stone.I have never heard of one that cracked and if it did you are covered.It is well made and has the thickness that you want in a stone to hold the heat.In my book it would be the first one on my list.
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,660
    Chris,
    Just pick one up at your nearest BGE dealer.
    By the time you pay shipping from a mail order place and risk getting a broken stone in the mail the price will be about the same. Bonus, a future crack or break will get you a new stone from your dealer.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 440
    SoonerChris - are you in OKC? Have you been to Everything Barbecue on N. May Ave. yet? They host the OKC EggFest and have a pretty good supply of eggs and eggcesories.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    ·
  • ibanda wrote:
    SoonerChris - are you in OKC? Have you been to Everything Barbecue on N. May Ave. yet? They host the OKC EggFest and have a pretty good supply of eggs and eggcesories.

Actually in Ada. But I'll stop by the next time I'm in the city and pick one up there. Thanks.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Personaly, I waited until I went to a BGE event when they were discounted. If you can wait. I don't remember what I paid for mine but I got 25% off when I did. ;) I also think I was very lucky because that was at the first annual Indianapolis, Indiana eggfest last Aug. 2009. Tim :)
    ·
  • I didn't think accessories were covered by the warranty. I have a cracked plate setter that cracked due to heat it is still in one piece though. It just has a crack right down the middle. The dealer said it was not covered. I have only owned it since June.
    ·
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    support your local dealer. They will be there for you
    ·