Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Philly Cheeze Steak

Grand Oeuf Vert
Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did these last week. Recipe found here on the forum...
Some thinly sliced rib eyes...
001-1.jpg
Tossed in some onion and green pepper. (No Fungus allowed)...
002.jpg
Topped with provalone (did I spell that right?)...
003-1.jpg
Then the bun...
004-3.jpg
005-2.jpg
Nice. However, I agree with the 5-10 minute marinade. I was more like 30 minutes. A bit too strong.
I'd give the recipe a 4 rating. I'll do it again.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Next time send me a sample and I'll help ya rate it! :lol::lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Can I send it via CN Rail?
  • loco_engr
    Prob not . . . if their service is as good as Uncle Petes it would be next year b4 it got even close! :( :sick:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Understood. I hear USPS is not much better.
  • loco_engr
    Agreed! Sent a guy in the Toronto suburbs a bottle of DP Rasin' the Steaks and I think it must have close to two weeks to get there. :(
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • That's not bad actually. In metric, that's only 3 days!
  • Bear
    Bear Posts: 32
    GOV,
    Thats funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

B