Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Repeat call for EGGtoberfest Recipes

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I certainly tasted a lot of good things at EGGtoberfest and I took several really nice pictures but I'm missing a lot of good recipes. If you cooked, share your recipe with those who were not able to attend (and those who were impressed by your cooking who did attend), Send them into me (b1llw1se at bellsouth dot net if you want to send them directly). If you photographed something good, send those pictures as well. I'll try to match them up with the recipe.

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Options
    Bill,

Thanks for doing this. Those of us who did not attend as well as those who did REALLY appreciate the time and effort you go through to compile these recipes.

I look forward to the finished product and trying some of the "good stuff" I have seen or heard about on the Forum! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Dang Bill, let us get unpacked and a nap first anyway. LOL I'll get it there soon, thanks for the reminder. Another GREAT Eggtoberfest!! A lot of old friends and a ton of new ones. It was great, thanks to EVERYONE!!
    Tom & Karen
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    You can grab the one above if you want it.

Poppasam
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    This is the dessert the Mrs. Squeeze made late in the afternoon. To make it even better, serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

Mountain Dew Caramel Apple Crescents

Set EGG at 375 degrees indirect

Ingredients

2 cans of plain crescent rolls (regular size)
    2 tart apples (I like Granny Smith)
    20oz bottle of Mountain Dew
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup white sugar
    2 sticks of butter
    Cinnamon (2 teaspoons at least, more is better)
    Good Caramel Sauce (Smuckers was what I used)
    Walnuts

Directions

1. Peel apples and slice into 8 slices per apple (store in a bowl with a little Mt. Dew in it)
    2. Roll in crescent dough (starting at the flat side as you would a crescent roll) and place in disposable lasagna pan
    (Pour a little Mountain Dew on them to keep them from turning brown.)
    3, Melt 2 sticks of butter with both sugars and pour over rolled apples and crescent rolls.
    4. Pour a little more Mountain Dew over rolls
    5. Add cinnamon to the top of crescent rolls
    6. Bake for 40 min. at 375 or until rolls are cooked (they will brown a little)
    7. When you plate them, sprinkle some crushed walnuts over and enjoy!
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Squeeze
    Options
    These are the easiest yet the best Sloppy Joes you will ever eat.

Grandma Woz’s Sloppy Joes

¼ green pepper, chopped
    ½ medium onion, chopped
    2 ribs celery, chopped
    1lb ground beef
    Texas Pete Hot Sauce
    1 bottle chili sauce
    1 can tomato soup
    Sister Shuberts Yeast Rolls

Get Egg medium heat (350ish). In a Dutch Oven, fry together green peppers, onion, and celery. Add ground been and brown until no longer pink. Add a couple drops of Texas Pete. And chili sauce and tomato soup. Cook about a half hour, stirring often. Split rolls and fill.

Can be increased in size by doubling or tripling the ingredients.
    Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• Squeeze
    Options
    This is a modified version of my mother's Potato Soup. It is real easy to make and so good on a cold rainy day (Like EGGtoberfest '09)

Potato Soup

1 Center Cut Ham Steak, diced
    3 1/2 C cubed peeled potatoes (I used small red potatoes)
    1 can (14-1/2 oz) chicken broth
    1 small carrot, grated
    ½ C. chopped onion
    1 T. dried parsley flakes
    ½ t. each celery seed, pepper
    3 T. all-purpose flour
    3 C. 2% milk
    8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
    2 green onions, thinly sliced, optional

1. Stabilize EGG at 350 degrees.

2. Grill ham steak until hot, remove and cube.

3. Place Dutch oven on EGG and add 1T of vegetable oil and saute onions until soft.

4. Add potatoes, chicken broth, carrot, parsley, celery seed, pepper. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes.

5. Combine flour and milk until smooth: add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil for two minutes.

6. Add cheese: stir until cheese is melted and the soup is heated through.

7. Garnish with green onions, if desired and serve.
    Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Do you want afterparty recepies too?
  • SousChef
    Options
    This was our first EGGtoberfest, and it was a lot of fun! My husband wanted to cook, so we thought we'd make something simple. We settled on burger "sliders". While they seemed to be popular, next time we will make something a lot less labor-intensive so that we have more time to enjoy other people's dishes! :cheer:

Thanks for putting the recipes together. I'm looking forward to trying some of them!

"Rattlesnake" Sliders (snake not included)

1 lb andouille sausage, casings removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 lb ground chicken
    1/2 tbsp coarse ground pepper
    1/2 tbsp kosher salt
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp cayenne pepper

Using a food processor, process the andouille untill finely chopped. Mix with chicken and spices, taking care not to overwork. Form into small patties (about 2 oz.) and cook at 400 degrees until the burgers "sweat" (about 4 minutes), then flip them and cook about 4 more minutes. Serve on small dinner rolls.

BOG Burgers (Bacon, Onion, Guinness)

1 large onion, chopped
    1 lb bacon
    2 bottles Guinness beer
    4 lb ground beef

Fry the onion and bacon until about halfway done, then add the beer. Cook until beer is reduced. Cool, then combine in food processor until chunky. Combine with ground beef. Let the meat mixture rest for a few hous in the fridge.

Form into small patties and cook at 400 degrees until the burgers "sweat" (about 4 minutes), then flip them and cook about 4 more minutes. Serve on small dinner rolls.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    As usual Bill..just send it on when it's ready and we'll get it out there for everyone to enjoy..