Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Idea for the Turkey cookers...Beer Butt Turkey I did on Thanksgiving (2 22lb's on a large BGE)

Ohio Boy in DCOhio Boy in DC Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a large BGE. I injected and rubbed a couple of 22lb turkey's, used the traditional method many folks of the forum have used (icing the breast, cooking at 325)[p]I then set up two Foster's Beer Oil Can size, on small drip pans... shoved half an orange, half a lemon and some fresh herbs in the turkey....and set the turkeys standing up butt end over the can.[p]Cooked 2 22 lb birds simultaneously in about 4 - 4.5 hours (monitor the temperature of one with your polder). [p]Juicy as all get out (wish I would have added a little more smoke)
·

Comments

• OhioBoy in DC,
    Sounds great. Take your time with smoke and poultry. Poultry soaks it up so quick that it can be overdone (speaking from experience). Happy holidays to you.[p]CWM

·
  • Car Wash Mike,[p]Thanks...happy holiday's to you as well

·