Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Texas Eggfest 2010 Date

GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
edited 4:46AM in EggHead Forum
Bob and I talked about the date for the Texas Eggfest next year and he agreed to move it up a couple weeks for some cooler weather.

Texas Eggfest 2010 will be on Saturday, April 24th.

Location is the same, so mark your calendars for 4/24/2010 for the next one.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Now that is some early planning..

I am just going to put all the fest (except Waldorf and Eggtoberfest) into a big hat and pull out two..

Waldorf and Eggtoberfest are a given.
    ·
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Well as of now, my calendar is empty (apart from the fest)... So I guess I'll see you there again next year hehehe

Cheers!
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    The weekend after OKC. That will be tough. Unless you go to OKC and just keep on rolling to the Texas Fest and then on to Waldorf. 3 great fests back to back. :woohoo:
    ·
    Pato, you forgot to mark the OKC fest on your calendar!! I'm pretty sure it's always the 3rd weekend in April.
    ·
    Ooooo so that's on the 17th... oh my... :whistle:

It's marked!

Cheers!
    ·
    I sent you an e-mail.
    ·
    Got it... I've replied... Cheers!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    When do we sign up? B)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    As you know, that may be degree or two, or maybe snow!

I know Bob has been shooting for the last weekend in April, so I'm glad to hear of the changes.

Thanks much for spear-heading all this!

-Jeeves
    ·
  • Desert FillyDesert Filly Posts: 1,042
    this would definitely be a close call.
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Thanks for the advanced planning and advanced notice. My calendar is marked, and I'll be looking forward to next spring!
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    Ed, did y'all talk about April 3rd or May 15th to give some room between fests?
    ·
  • AlwaysGolfAlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Beanie if I just won a Large Egg I would be looking forward to it also.
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    My calendar is marked and perhaps we will have better luck next year. Thanks for the advance warning.
    ·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    Why does this Fest have to be in the Spring...

At this point..why not move it to a Fall date...and not have to (every year), have this logjam of Fests?

JMO.

Evans
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    +1 what Evans said.
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    I agree....but my guess is the answer to the "why" is marketing...you know, crank up the outdoor season.
    ·
  • Where can I find a schedule for 2010 Green Egg Eggfests?
    ·
  • GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
    It will be in April or May next year. Date to be provided soon.

Cheers,

GrillMeister.
    ·