Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sale at Amazon

Teach42
Teach42 Posts: 219
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Amazon is having a sale on grills and accessories right now. Not too many of the discounts are fantastic, but there are a few highlights.

I'm thinking about getting the jalepeno rack, although I'm not sure if they'll fit with bacon wrapped on them. However, for 5.99 I'll take the chance.

My favorite though, is the hot dog roller to add to your grill :) Best way to class up your egg!

Comments

• Look, try to buy your egg from a small businessman. You aren't going to save all that much, and the guy in business probably could really use your help , especially now, as things stand. Don't want to offend anyone, but these are my sentiments.
  • bryansj
    bryansj Posts: 79
    Edd wrote:
    Look, try to buy your egg from a small businessman. You aren't going to save all that much, and the guy in business probably could really use your help , especially now, as things stand. Don't want to offend anyone, but these are my sentiments.

This thread isn't about buying an Egg (which Amazon doesn't sell anyway), it is about a grill and accessory sale with an emphasis on accessories since most here have no use of the grills. How many of those small businesses carry a "hot dog roller" anyway?
  • Ex-Gasman
    Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
    Well stated !!!! Thank you
  • JalopyBob
    JalopyBob Posts: 175
    I wonder if that hot dog roller would fit one of my smalls if I reversed the legs?
  • Teach42
    It might! In the picture, it looked like there was a bracket that might sit out of the grill, but upon re-reading it says that it's battery operated, so it must be self contained.

All you'd need to do is get medieval on it with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and I bet itd work for a small :)
  • Teach42
    Ok, looks like you might need to do a littler more.

After a Google search I found the product site. It IS intended to have the battery pack sit outside the grill.

http://www.grill-dog.com/battery.html

So I'm not so sure whether it'd be a good idea to keep the whole thing inside the Egg while cooking.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    A friend made me a custom satainless steel ABT rack 5 years ago and I use it when presentation is important like a party or something special. I have to poke a tooth pick on the side 'cause some of the chilies when cooked shrink and slip down the hole. usually place the bacon on top. For my two cents, I make most ABTs split, stuffed, wrapped like most folks. Not sure the $6 is worth the aggravation.

2ABTmeetsBGE2.jpg

5ABTCooked5.jpg
  • actually it's $10.00 ($5.99 is the 'saving')